become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fisheries/Marine_Fisheries
Recreation: Outdoors: Fishing: Saltwater
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography
Auburn University: Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquacultures
- Outline of research programs on marine fisheries management and aquaculture, particularly in Alabama's coastal region.
The Billfish Foundation
- Research, education, and advocacy to return billfish populations worldwide to healthy levels of abundance.
Hong Kong Government Artificial Reef Projects
- Information about efforts aimed at enhancing fisheries and other marine resources in the region.
International Pacific Halibut Commission: Publications
- Scientific and technical reports about halibut, including its management and harvesting.
The International Standard for the Trade in Live Reef Food Fish
- Standard that is intended to regulate the taking of live reef fish for consumption and the prevention of overfishing and depletion of resources.
Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Has developed fishery management plans for salmon, groundfish and coastal pelagic species in the U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone off Washington, Oregon and California, and recommends Pacific halibut harvest regulations to the International Pacific Halibut Commission.
South China Sea Fishery Research Institute (SCSFRI)
- Research areas include marine fishery resources, marine aquaculture, marine fishery environment protection, fish nutrition and diets, marine biological metabolic product utilization, marine fishing technologies, and aquatic product processing.
Sustaining Marine Fisheries
- 1999 report from a U.S. National Academy of Sciences study conducted to evaluate whether marine-capture fisheries are sustainable and assess whether new approaches to ocean fishery management can help achieve sustainability.
In Mexico, Greed Kills Fish by the Seaful
- New York Times article discusses the worldwide decline in marine fisheries, with focus on the Gulf of California. [Free registration required.] (April 10, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2015 at 5:45:11 UTC -