become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fisheries/Anadromous_and_Stream_Fish
Anadromous and Stream Fish
Recreation: Outdoors: Fishing: River Restoration
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Fish: Bony
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ichthyology
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Rivers and Streams
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
Columbia Basin Research
- Efforts at the University of Washington to investigate issues surrounding salmon biology in the Columbia and Snake River basins. CBR research has produced computer models which simulate and predict salmon migration and survival in the Columbia Basin and salmon harvest in the North Pacific.
Dam-Reservoir Impact & Information Archive: DRIIA
- Information on dams, water diversions, impoundments, and hydroelectric projects, their impacts, and related links.
Fish Passage Center
- Current and historic data on salmon and steelhead in the Snake and Columbia river basins.
FishXing Software and Learning Systems for Fish Passage Through Culverts
- US Fish and Wildlife Service computer tools to assist in design and evaluation of culverts for fish passage. FAQ, downloads, bibliography of related technical papers, and other resources on the topic.
King County Salmon and Trout Topics
- Online information about salmon and trout in King County and the Puget Sound region, including news, conservation and monitoring efforts, and conservation volunteer opportunities.
Lost at Sea: What's Killing the Great Atlantic Salmon?
- Smithsonian Magazine article about threats to the population of this fish.
Passive Integrated Transponder Information System
- The Passive Integrated Transponder (PIT) tag has been developed as a research and management tool for monitoring the movement of juvenile and adult salmonids in the Columbia River Basin.
The Salmon Are Calling
- Essay about the decline of wild salmon populations.
Seymour River Fish Hatchery and Education Centre
- Raising Salmon and trout for sustaining stocks in the Seymour River, British Columbia. An educational facility for teaching people the importance of fish, habitat and environment.
Watershed Watch Salmon Society
- Registered non-profit whose purpose is to conduct research, and educate the public about wild salmon and issues surrounding them. Information about fisheries and habitat management topics, particularly in Canada.
West Galloway Fisheries Trust
- Manage Salmon fisheries in Scotland.
Whirling Disease Initiative
- U.S. National Partnership on the Management of Wild and Native Cold Water Fisheries research and information on this trout infection caused by a parasite (Myxobolus cerebralis) with a life cycle involving two hosts, fish and worms.
Wild Fish Conservancy
- Nonprofit science-based organization working to protect and restore Washington State's wild fish ecosystems. Includes information on projects, education and advocacy, news and events.
Anadromous and Stream Fish
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2012 at 8:24:04 UTC -