become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tobacco/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
- Information and photograph of leaves affected by this fungal disease caused by Colletotrichum nicotianae.
- Photograph of lesions caused by Thanatephorus cucumeris on a tobacco leaf.
Diseases of Tobacco
- Provides the common names of the bacterial, fungal, nematode, viral and other diseases that affect the crop.
- Photograph of tobacco plants infected by Fusarium oxysporum sp. nicotianae and a description of the symptoms.
Insect Management in Flue-cured Tobacco
- Insects can cause considerable damage to this crop. This article explains how they can be controlled in the field and lists possible pesticides with their application guidelines.
Kentucky Blue Mold Warning System
- An advisory system on tobacco blue mold.
Pythium Root Rot
- Photograph of the stems of young tobacco plants affected with Pythium spp. causing damping off.
- Photograph of the base of the stem of a tobacco plant infected with this fungus, a condition also known as Rhizoctonia target spot or sore shin.
Southern Bacterial Wilt
- Photographs of tobacco plants infected by Pseudomonas solanacearum and a description of the symptoms.
Southern Bacterial Wilt: Pseudomonas solanacearum
- Photograph of lesions on the stem of a tobacco plant and a description of the symptoms.
- Photograph of lesions caused by Sclerotium rolfsii at the base of the stem of a tobacco plant and a description of the symptoms.
Southern Blight: Sclerotium rolfsii
- Photograph of an affected young tobacco plant and a description of the symptoms.
Tobacco Disease Information Notes
- Provides information on the symptoms, factors affecting development, and control recommendations for a number of diseases that affect this crop.
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 15:15:05 UTC -