become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sugar_Beet/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Root Crops: Sugar Beet: Pests and Diseases
Beet Armyworm: Spodoptera exigua
- Photographs and information on the life cycle of this pest, its description, host plants, damage, sampling, natural enemies, insecticides and biological control.
Beet Curly Top Virus, Hybrigeminivirus
- Photograph of an affected young sugar beet plant.
Beet Leaf Curl Virus, Rhabdovirus
- Photograph of affected plants and a description of the symptoms.
Diseases of Beet (Beta vulgaris)
- Provides a list of the common and scientific names of the bacterial, fungal, viral and nematode diseases that may infect this crop.
Flea Beetles on Sugar Beets
- Description and life history of flea beetles, Psylliodes punctulata melsheimer, on sugar beet plants, the damage caused and possible control measures.
Sugar Beet Cyst Nematode
- Information on identifying this condition, caused by Heterodera schachtii, and possible management strategies.
Sugar Beet Nematode
- Account of the damage caused by this pathogen, control measures, and photographs and drawings.
Sugar Beet Root Aphid
- Photographs and information on the life history of Pemphigus betae, the damage it causes and possible control measures.
Sugarbeet Pest Management
- Provides general information on pesticides and details of the diseases, insects, mites, nematodes and weeds that may attack this crop.
Wireworms on Sugar Beets
- Several species of wireworm, Limonius spp., can feed on sugar beets and cause reduced plant growth or death of the plant. Information on the damage caused and possible control measures.
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 9, 2007 at 4:29:21 UTC -