become an editor
the entire directory
only in Root_Crops/Potato
Pests and Diseases
Science: Agriculture: Horticulture: Vegetables
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Solanaceae: Solanum
Global Potato News
- An online source of potato related information featuring daily potato news updates, a directory of more than 800 links to relevant potato web sites, a globally distributed electronic newsletter containing information about online potato news events and a section for important potato publications.
Assured Produce Protocol for Potatoes
- Producing crops in accordance with these standards allows growers to sell produce to any supermarket or processor in the UK. Information on site selection, site management, variety selection, nutrition, irrigation, crop protection, harvesting and storage. [PDF]
- A European network of scientists and other specialists working on potato late blight
The European Cultivated Potato Database
- Online listing of cultivated varieties of potato, their history and characteristics.
Growing Potato Plants
- In depth article on small scale planting, cultivation and harvesting of potatoes. Potato pests and diseases fully described.
International Potato Center (CIP)
- Works to enhance the cultivation, yield, processing, and consumption of potatoes, sweetpotato and other Andean roots and tubers that are in danger of extinction.
Mountain Valley Produce And Potato Seed
- Based in Colorado. Photographic tour of seed potato farm, potato variety growing guidelines, recipes and cooking tips, lettuce farming operation tour, and history of the potato.
Post-harvest Management: Potato
- Provides information on harvesting, transport, threshing, drying, cleaning, packaging and storage.
Potato Grower Magazine Online
- The official web site of Potato Grower Magazine. Information on chemical producers, equipment manufacturers, blight, irrigation equipment, and advertising information.
Spudman, Voice of the Potato Industry
- Online version of print magazine provides the latest industry news, an up to date calendar of events, a complete industry product guide, and a directory of potato-related links.
- News on a friendly potato gene known as ubiquitin7. Agricultural Research Service researchers snipped part of the gene, hooked it onto a soft-rot-fighting gene, and inserted this new combination into experimental 'potatoes'.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2014 at 11:05:05 UTC -