become an editor
the entire directory
only in Field_Crops/Root_Crops
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Root Crops
This category in other languages:
Assured Produce Protocol for Swede, Turnip and Kohlrabi
- Producing crops in accordance with these standards allows growers to sell produce to any supermarket or processor in the UK. Information on site selection, site management, variety selection, nutrition, irrigation, crop protection, harvesting and storage. [PDF]
- International cooperative project involving academic and research institutes assessing the health benefits of carrots of different colors. Research and photo gallery.
Definition and Classification of Commodities: Roots and Tubers and Derived Products
- A Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) site that describes root and tuber crops and derived products.
International Potato Center (CIP)
- Information about the center and its roles in promoting potatoes, sweet potatoes and other Andean root crops, and in protecting Andean biodiversity.
Manrique International Agrotech (MIAT)
- Consulting company specialized in tropical agriculture. Publishes books on potato, cassava, sweet potato, taro and other tropical crops. Web site has glossary of agronomic terms and fact sheets on potato, cassava, sweet potato, and taro.
Potato, Onion and Vegetable Storage
- Agricultural refrigeration and ventilation equipment for potato and onion storage. Personally designed using skid units, Cropscan temperature controls, motorised louvres, mixer boxes, and fans.
What is the Difference Between a Sweetpotato and a Yam?
- This site seeks to answer the question about "yams" and sweetpotatoes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 5, 2011 at 5:15:05 UTC -