become an editor
the entire directory
only in Field_Crops/Grassland,_Hay_and_Forage
Grassland, Hay and Forage
American Forage and Grassland Council
- The AFGC is dedicated to advancing the use of forage as a prime feed resource. Provides information on the Council and membership, the programs and services offered, events and publications.
Blister Beetles in Forage Crops
- Information on these toxic insects, their biology and habits, the risk to livestock of eating contaminated hay which is believed to be increased by hay conditioning, and control of the beetles.
British Grassland Society
- Information about the society, the events and the journal.
Cicer Milkvetch: Plant Characteristics
- Information on this legume that can be used as a fodder crop, the conditions that suit it, establishment, uses, management and varieties.
Cool-Season Grass Seed Production
- Factsheet on cool-season grasses and their cultivation and harvesting for seed.
Development of a Novel Antifungal Silage Inoculant, The
- PhD research thesis into the isolation of inoculant strains with antifungal activities. Includes a review of the state of the art.
The Ensiling Process and Additives
- Describes the ensiling process and discusses the factors affecting silage fermentation, optimal conditions and methods of controlling the process. [PDF]
European Grassland Federation
- Information about the events, the journal, the executive committee, and a list of members.
- The British Grassland Society provides a number of factsheets on silage and grassland.
Forage Information System
- Topics includes information on species, varieties, grazing, hay, and silage systems, management, quality and testing, and livestock utilization. Oregon State University.
Forage Quality and Testing
- A comprehensive report from the Alfalfa Workgroup at the University of California. [PDF]
Forage Stand Establishment Trouble Shooting
- Outlines several establishment problems, including the symptoms, causes, solutions and possible prevention methods.
Forage: Warm-Season Annual Grasses
- Information from Mississippi State University Extension Service on suitable crops for forage, their establishment and grazing management.
- Information resources for efficient production of meat and milk from pastures
- This legume is grown for soil improvement and for pasture. Information on its growth habits, environment requirement, culture, yield potential and economics.
- A hay, forage and silage community with a forum, articles, blogs and news.
Improving Pasture Productivity
- Information on understanding the weather and climate and how they affect forage plant growth, with particular reference to Alberta.
Insect Management in Pasture
- Describes the insect and mite pests most commonly encountered in forage crops, with advice on monitoring and controlling them.
- Kochia is grown as a drought-resistant forage crop for sheep and cattle. Information on its uses, growth habits, environment requirement, culture, yield potential and economics.
Manitoba Forage Council
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the development and promotion of a sustainable hay, forage and livestock industry. Provides a profile of the industry and details of events, projects, a newsletter and a forage and grassland manual.
National Forage Teating Association
- NFTA aims to improve the accuracy of forage testing and build grower confidence in testing animal feeds. It provides information on the benefits of testing and the proficiency certification for testers and samplers.
National Hay Association
- Organization for those involved in the production, sale and transport of forage products across the United States and the world. Provides news, events, history and membership details.
- This article discusses grassland management practices that are most suited for horses.
Pasture Management for Horses
- A technical and practical guide to the management and improvement of pasture, of interest to horse owners and students up to degree level.
Perennial Forage Establishment in Alberta
- Information on choosing the right species and ensuring strong seedling growth.
Role of Forages in Pennsylvania Agriculture
- Information and links on forage management, notes on related soil and botanic science.
- Factsheet on this crop, also known as swede, grown for human and animal consumption, its history, uses, varieties and cultivation.
Soil Fertility for Forage Crops
- Pre-establishment, establishment and maintenance requirements of crops used for forage.
- Forage sorghums are used primarily as silage for livestock. Information on its uses, growth habits, environment requirement, culture, yield potential and economics.
- Factsheet on this crop, its history, its uses as a forage crop, its varieties and cultivation.
- Factsheet outlining the benefits of including white clover in a sward, its establishment, disadvantages, management and conservation.
Grassland, Hay and Forage
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 11:45:06 UTC -