become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cotton/Pests_and_Diseases
Pests and Diseases
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Field Crops: Fiber Crops: Cotton: Pests and Diseases
Science: Agriculture: Pests and Diseases
Science: Biology: Botany: Plant Pathology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Arthropoda: Entomology
APHIS: Boll Weevil Eradication
- Provides information about U.S. boll weevil eradication programs in question and answer format. [PDF]
Bacterial Blight of Cotton
- Sometimes called angular leaf spot, this destructive disease is caused by Xanthomonas campestris. Information on the symptoms, disease impact and management.
Biological Control of Cotton Wilts
- Article describing research in China into the successful use of micro-organisms to control the soil-borne diseases caused by Fusarium and Verticillium wilts.
Boll Weevil: Anthonomus grandis grandis
- Photographs and information on the damage caused by this pest, its life cycle and control measures.
Cotton : Insects
- Descriptions and images of common cotton insects
- Photographs and information on boll rot, nematodes, fusarium wilt and seedling diseases.
Cotton Nematode Management
- Information on the species that attack cotton and their diagnosis and management, including nematicides recommended for this crop.
Cotton Pest Management Guidelines
- Provides an integrated pest management program from planting through to harvesting with information on the control of many diseases, insects, mites, nematodes and weeds.
Cotton Seedling Diseases
- Several species of fungi can cause damage to seedlings. This article provides photographs and information on environmental factors and seedling disease management.
Cotton Stem Canker
- Information on this disease, also known as wet weather blight or ascochyta blight, caused by Phoma exigua, its symptoms, environment factors, impact and management.
Diseases of Cotton
- Provides the common names of the bacterial, fungal, nematode, viral and other diseases that affect the crop.
Fusarium Wilt of Cotton
- Several photographs of Fusarium oxysporum affecting cotton plants.
Fusarium Wilt: Fusarium oxysporum sp. vasinfectum
- Photograph of lesions on the stems of cotton plants.
Government : EPA Safety Standards
- Rights and responsibilities when working in pesticide environment
Insect Management in Cotton
- Describes thresholds above which treatment of the crop is advised, and the available pesticides and their restrictions.
List of Cotton Diseases
- Catalog of diseases that affect this crop from Wikipedia, including bacterial, fungal, parasitic nematodes and viral diseases.
A Scout's Guide to Basic Cotton Terminology
- Glossary of technical terms used when discussing cotton and its pests.
Services: Evergreen FS Crop Scouting
- Crop Scouting and Consulting services
Pests and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 9:45:05 UTC -