the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Field_Crops
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Field Crops
Grassland, Hay and Forage
Pests and Diseases
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Field Crops
Business: Food and Related Products: Grains and Legumes
Business: Food and Related Products: Produce
Science: Agriculture: Crop Plants
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Agricultural: On-Farm Crop Diversity
This category in other languages:
Advances in New Crops
- Proceedings of the First National Symposium of the Center for new crops and plant products of the Purdue University which focuses on research, development, and economics.
Alternative Field Crops Manual
- Detailed information on the production of a number of agronomic crops adapted to the upper Midwestern U.S., from adzuki bean to wild rice.
The Association for the Advancement of Industrial Crops
- Nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes the production, processing, development, and commercialization of industrial crops and products derived from them.
Australian New Crops Project
- Information about "new" crop developments, from the University of Queensland.
Badgersett Research Corporation
- Research and development of hazelnuts and chestnuts for use as staple crops, sale of seedlings and nuts. Minnesota.
Catholic Educator's Resource Center: Population
- Food is more abundant and cheaper today than ever before in history due to a dramatic improvement in agricultural productivity that swept the globe in the 1960s.
Center for New Crops and Plant Products
- Extensive collection of information from Purdue University on crop diversification.
- Sources of information from Purdue University on promising new crops for food, timber, shade, soil improvement.
- A list and description of plants that are not normally considered as crops but are consumed in times of famine.
Lost Crops of the Incas
- An online book, presenting little-known plants of the Andes with promise for worldwide cultivation.
- Provides news and information about agriculture and genetically enhanced seeds in a number of languages.
National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS)
- Focused on preserving the genetic diversity of plants by acquiring, preserving, evaluating, documenting and distributing crop germplasms to research scientists. Includes general information on NPGS and Germplasm Resources Information Network. Contents include collection information, repositories, committees, and related resources.
Neglected Crops: 1492 From A Different Perspective
- Plants of American origin that have been neglected or mostly forgotten since the arrival of Europeans.
PlantFacts - Ohio State University
- Searches over 20,000 pages of horticulture and crop science information from over 40 academic and government institutions departments in the U.S. by keyword and region..
- The seeds of certain species of Plantago are used commercially for the production of mucilage. Information on the uses of the plant, its growth habits, environment requirement, culture, yield potential and economics.
- Conducts basic, strategic and applied research in biological and related sciences, integrating these to optimise crop production systems.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 4, 2012 at 17:15:03 UTC -