become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aquaculture/Tilapia
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Aquaculture: Tilapia
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Fish: Bony: Perciformes
- Article by Randy Sell on the economic feasibility of farming this tropical fish in the USA in areas where the water and air temperature need to be controlled.
Hubbard Center for Genome Studies: Tilapia BAC Resources
- Provides information on the tilapia BAC libraries that have been produced at the Tokyo University of Fisheries.
Oreochromis niloticus: Nile Tilapia
- Information from the FAO on this species, its biology, habitat, the production cycle, production systems, diseases and their control, production statistics, markets and trade.
Pacific Regional Aquaculture Information Service for Education (PRAISE)
- This organisation aims to support the development of the aquaculture industry in the Pacific region. Provides a free computer program to assist Tilapia farmers in diagnosing problems.
Pond Culture of Tilapia
- Information on species selection, mixed sex rearing, male monosex culture, polyculture and integrated systems. [PDF]
The Tilapia Journal
- Online journal with news, prices, articles and research focused on Tilapia, sustainably farmed species and aquaculture. Includes a blog and forum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:56:36 PM EST -