the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Aquaculture
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Aquaculture
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Aquaculture
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ichthyology
Science: Environment: Water Resources
AFGRP: Aquaculture and Fish Genetics Research Programme
- Outlines research, backed by the Department for International Development in the UK, and produces reports on matters of interest to aquaculturists worldwide.
Aquacultural Engineering Society
- This organization aims to provide a forum for the discussion of engineering problems related to aquaculture and to provide members with sources of information.
- Information from Wikipedia on the cultivation of aquatic organisms under controlled conditions, including algae, fish, shrimps and freshwater prawns.
Aquaculture Association of Canada
- A non-profit charitable organization aiming to foster the industry in Canada, promote the study of aquaculture and related sciences, and gather and disseminate information.
Aquaculture Product Evaluation
- Information on services available to improve productivity, to assist with working within the regulatory framework and achieving product approval. [PDF]
Aquaculture, Fisheries and Fish Biology
- Provides information on books and journals on these subjects published by Blackwell Publishing. [PDF]
Aquaculture: Collaborative Research Support Program
- CRSP aims to advance science, research and education in aquatic resources by encouraging international partnerships. Produces newsletters and research reports and provides a central database.
Aquaponics: Integration of Hydroponics with Aquaculture
- Provides an introduction to aquaponics with brief profiles of working units. Includes a list of online resources.
- Information on aquaculture in Arizona, the United States and around the world, with links to other internet resources. Maintainted by Arizona University.
Auburn University: Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquacultures
- Provides information on this educational facility and the courses offered, past and present research and the community extension program.
Biological Weed Control in Alberta Using Triploid Grass Carp
- Aquatic weeds may cause problems in fish ponds and this article discusses how fish may be used to control the weed.
- Short bibliographies from the United States Department of Agriculture.
European Aquaculture Society
- Organization aiming to promote contact between aquaculturalists, circulate information, sponsor research and enhance cooperation. Produces a quarterly magazine and a scientific journal.
Feeding the Fish
- Report from the World Wildlife Fund questioning the sustainability of the feed used in Scotland’s aquaculture industry. [PDF]
Fisheries: Fish Farming and Health
- Information from the Department of the Environment Food and Rural Affairs in the UK on the regulatory and licensing requirements of the industry.
Fresh Water Aquaculture Industry
- Factsheet giving an overview of the marketing and production characteristics of freshwater aquaculture in Alberta, including the regulatory, marketing, production and financial basics.
Genetic Computation Ltd
- Information on aquaculture genetics, breed improvement and biodiversity conservation, including tilapia, salmon, trout, shrimp, and prawns.
Global Aquaculture Alliance
- This international non-profit trade association encourages environmentally and socially responsible aquaculture, produces a magazine and publishes articles on fish production related issues.
Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture
- Information from Wikipedia on this form of aquaculture where the by-products from one harvestable species are used as an input in the production of another.
- Information from Wikipedia on this specialised form of aquaculture where marine species are held in enclosed sections of the ocean or in large tanks filled with seawater.
- Mariculture of fish, shellfish, seaweed and other marine products is seeing explosive growth. The University of Rhode Island Coastal Resources Center is dedicated to advancing coastal management worldwide.
National Sea Grant Library
- Includes a digital library of resources on several aquaculture topics, including open ocean and cage or pen culture, recirculating systems, design and construction. Maintained by the Pell Library at the University of Rhode Island, USA.
Practical Aquaponics for Everyone
- Australian company offers information on growing vegetables and fish in a backyard aquaponics system. It also provides purpose built components for aquaponics systems, both domestic and commercial, and instructional DVDs.
- Information from the World Wildlife Fund on how aquaculture can adversely impact the marine environment and wildlife.
- Aquaponics is a system that integrates aquaculture with hydroponics, the soil-free cultivation of plants. SoCal provides information on hydroponics, aquaponics, aquaculture and the solar greenhouse.
- Provides a portal for the global aquaculture and fish farming industry including news, articles, forums and recipes.
- Aquaculture allows seafood to be produced locally and in a sustainable fashion, even in urban areas. This site allows people to share their knowledge on the topic in a blog and provides resources on education, training and events.
World Aquaculture Society
- An international non-profit society founded in 1970 with the object of improving communication and information exchange within the diverse global aquaculture community.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:29:08 PM EST -