become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animals/Snails
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Animals: Snails
Recreation: Pets: Exotic: Invertebrates
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Mollusca: Gastropoda
Shopping: Food: Specialty and Gourmet: Escargot
This category in other languages:
Eating Garden Snails
- Explains the preparation and cooking of garden snails for food and provides information on breeding and fattening them in the UK.
- Experimental snail breeder. Information on snail farming (heliciculture) and cooking; genetic improvement to a breeding strain: the 'Blond des Flandres'; discussion forum, and links to commercial snail farms.
- Commercial organisation in Brazil specialising in snail production. Courses, books and videos on snail farming are offered along with additional snippets about snails in medicine, architecture, on stamps etc.
Farming Edible Snails: Lessons from Italy
- Commissioned by the Australian Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, this report by Sonya Begg includes detailed information on most aspects of large scale outdoor cultivation of snails in Italy. [PDF]
Free-range Snail Farming in Australia
- Report by Sonya Begg for the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation covering this subject in detail. [PDF]
Helix - Snail Culture
- Description and photographs of a Portuguese snail production facility that exports its entire output to France.
Raising Snails (from AFSIC)
- Heliciculture guide covering various aspects of raising edible terrestrial snails, including common species, soil conditions, feeding, harvesting, import regulations, and an extensive bibliography. From The Alternative Farming Systems Information Center at the US National Agricultural Library.
Snail Farming and Management
- Information on an e-book which covers rearing and breeding snails and all aspects of their production.
Snail Farming In Australia
- Summary of working with snails in Australian conditions. The information is written by Sonya Begg, an internationally active promoter of snail farming. Contains excerpts from her book and recipes for cooking snails.
South West Snail Supply
- Pictures of a snail growing operation (no longer in business) and the story of the trials and tribulations of a novice snail-rancher.
The Trail of the Snail
- Contains scientific as well as more whimsical information about snails, and includes many photographs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 12:45:04 UTC -