become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammals/Sheep
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Animals: Mammals: Sheep
Lambing and Weaning
Pasture and Feed
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Sheep
Health: Animal: Mammals: Sheep
Assessment of Stress During Handling and Transport
- Paper covering some of the factors that influence how an animal may react during handling.
Behavioral Principles of Livestock Handling
- Information regarding livestock handling and stress reduction.
Black Sheep Newsletter
- A quarterly publication for the sheep raiser and fiber enthusiast.
Condition Scoring of Sheep
- Describes method of classifying ewes into groups according to fullness of muscling and amount of fat cover and how to adjust feed regime according to the condition score and stage of the production cycle.
Cornell Sheep Program
- Information about sheep production and management from Cornell University.
Cornell Teaching and Research Center Sheep Farm
- Aims to evaluate economical methods of managing a highly productive flock to provide sheep for research, teaching, and extension programs.
Dead Animal Disposal Laws in Missouri
- Summary of contents of the Missouri Dead Animal Disposal Statute, which was passed by the 86th General Assembly and became law on August 28, 1992.
Department of Animal Science - ISU
- Research by Dr. Morrical in sheep nutrition, forages and fetal and baby lamb survival. Iowa State University, USA.
Evaluating Farm Resources and Sheep Production Systems
- Article helps the shepherd identify and evaluate resources that are available on the farm and to match these assets to an appropriate production system.
- Offering a system for managing sheep production and health.
FlockFiler: Complete Software for Sheep Records
- FlockFiler is a computer database for keeping health, management, and breeding records of sheep. For Windows and Macintosh, FlockFiler is suitable for any shepherd and for flocks of any size.
- Introduction to using guard dogs to control predation of sheep.
Guidelines for Using Donkeys as Guard Animals with Sheep
- This paper summarizes some of the management guidelines and other factors which may improve the likelihood of a donkey becoming a successful livestock guard animal.
Herding with German Shepherds - Nickelsberg's Farm
- Information about boundary style herding.
Humane Sheep Handling and Transport Resources
- Bibliography and audiovisuals.
- Factsheet from Utah State University Extension. [PDF]
Introduction to Sheep Farming
- Training book and courses on all aspects of sheep farming. Advice on breeding a predigree flock
J & K's Sheep Page
- Features links to sheep care education and information, breeds and wool information, sheep jokes, and foot and mouth information.
Management Practices Can Influence Predation
- Discussion of sheep management practices to prevent losses due to predators.
- A help community for people involved in 4H and FFA breeding sheep and market lamb projects.
National Sheep Improvement Program
- NSIP offers a computerized genetic performance evaluation program,designed to help identify high-producing replacements, cull poor-producing animals, and assess overall management strengths and weaknesses.
National Sheep Industry Improvement Center
- An independent agency that assists the U.S. sheep and goat industries through loans and other financial assistance means.
- This is a delightful, general information site on sheep designed by a youngster as a 4H project.
- Instructions for making Sheep Coats to protect wool fleeces.
The Sheep Flock Improvement Program
- SFIP is a home testing genetic improvement program designed to assist Ontario purebred and commercial sheep producers in the evaluation of potential breeding stock and to provide a measure of the comparative productivity of ewes in the flock. Enrollment information and data available.
Sheep Flock Improvement Program EPDs
- Using Estimated Progeny Difference to make genetic improvements and increase flock performance.
Sheep Housing and Equipment Handbook (abstract)
- Classic reference containing information about how to build an efficient sheep system. Provides detailed layouts so the shepherd can construct his/her own equipment.
Sheep Training Tips
- Some people are interested in taming older sheep, some people are interested in the halter training. There are some points common to both activities. Brief summary of the process used at Fibre Works Farm.
Sheep Transport References
- List of references regarding the effect of transport upon sheep.
Something's Been Killing My Sheep - But What?
- Factsheet to aid producers and livestock evaluators in distinguishing between losses caused by predators and non-predator causes. Emphasis is placed on distinguishing between coyote predation and dog predation, since they collectively account for almost all predator related losses in Ontario flocks.
Starting or Expanding Your Sheep Flock
- Discusses the various costs involved in starting or expanding a flock of ewes. For sheep producers and those needing information on sheep production.
- Resources for small flock owners in Maine, and for people thinking of becoming small flock owners; offering links including everything from mills for processing fiber, to books and periodicals, to husbandry tips.
Temple Grandin's Web Page
- A variety of information on livestock behavior and welfare, from a professor of animal science at Colorado State University.
United States Border Collie Handlers Association
- Information about Border Collies and herding. Contains articles on general information, activities, veterinary information, breeding, culture, books and magazines, and products.
ZooEasy: Sheep Breeding Software
- Complete and user-friendly software for the creation of sheep pedigrees, conducting trial breedings and recording the characteristics and medical history of the flock.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:53:23 PM EDT -