become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammals/Pigs
Australian Pig Science Association
- This organisation aims to provide a forum for excellence in science related to all aspects of the pig industry. Gives information on membership, conferences, publications and awards.
Basic Pig Husbandry: Gilts and Sows
- Provides guidance on selection and care of gilts and sows, the mating, gestation and pre-farrowing periods, farrowing, after-farrowing care and the lactation period. [PDF]
Basic Pig Husbandry: The Boar
- Provides guidance on selecting boars, mating management, feed requirements, disease control programs, detusking and reluctance to work. [PDF]
Hog Production: Modern Methods of an Ancient Task
- Provides a historical account of the domestication of pigs and video clips of modern commercial pig production from farrowing, through the nursery pens to the finishing barn.
Mycotoxin in Swine Diets
- Provides information on the consequences of feeding swine food contaminated with aflatoxin and other molds. [PDF]
National Pig Improvement Program
- Provides a service to the Australian pig industry by providing genetic evaluation services for participating purebred herds.
- Everything you ever needed to know about pigs but didn’t know who to ask. [PDF]
The Pig Journal
- Produced by the UK Pig Veterinary Society, this twice yearly publication provides authoritative articles and information on pig production and health.
Prairie Swine Centre
- Conducts research on behalf of western Canadian pork producers. Specializing in the areas of nutrition, swine behaviour, engineering, and environment.
Primefacts: The Grower Herd
- Provides guidance on feeding growing pigs, diseases, grading and temperature control and the importance of weighing and managing the finishers. [PDF]
Primefacts: The Litter
- Provides information on managing newborn piglets, fostering and artificial rearing, routine tasks and creep feeding. [PDF]
Primefacts: The Weaner
- Discusses different types of weaning and their associated problems, and offers guidance on pre-weaning management, the weaning procedure and suitable weaning housing. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2013 at 10:54:11 UTC -