become an editor
the entire directory
only in Insects/Bees
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Animals: Insects: Bees
Chats and Forums
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Beekeeping
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Beekeeping: Pests and Diseases
Health: Alternative: Apitherapy
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Beekeeping
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Hobbies: Beekeeping
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment: Agriculture: Beekeeping
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Hymenoptera: Apocrita: Anthophora
Shopping: Recreation: Science and Nature: Biology: Arthropods: Insects: Beekeeping
This category in other languages:
African Killer Bee Movement
- Provides a map and information on the spread of these bees into the U.S.
Andrew's Bee Blog
- The experiences of a new beekeeper, starting new bee colonies.
- Assisting the development of beekeeping in Africa through sharing information appropriate to the area.
Apiculture and Beekeeping Archive
- Articles from sci.agriculture.beekeeping newsgroup, logs from the listserv bee-l, FAQ files, and apicultural resources.
- International site with beekeeping information available in several different languages.
Austin Bee Helpers
- A blog about Bee-centered care taking. An alternative to the pervasive honey-centered paradigm.
- Organic, treatment-free beekeepers in Los Angeles. Provide instruction and free bee removal for the community.
- Supplier of top bar hives and a 90 minute DVD: Alternative Beekeeping Using the Top Bar Hive.
- Encourages biodynamic agriculture which supports the life of bees, providing them with a safe and healthy environment.
Bee Informed Partnership
- An extension project trying to decrease winter mortality of managed honey bee colonies.
The Bee Lab
- University of Minnesota Extension site has manuals and guides, public and academic courses, and description of their research.
Bee Research Directorate
- Dr. Nizar Haddad on beekeeping in Jordan - books, articles and films about beekeeping. English and Arabic.
- Supplier of horizontal top bar and Warré hives. Also provides a directory of bee related resources.
- Information about honeybees, their products, biology, diseases and provides guidance to new beekeepers.
- World-wide beekeeping directory.
Beekeeping and Bee Breeding
- Detailed information on history, equipment, breeding, available products, and books from a hobbyist.
Beekeeping in Ukraine
- Information about beekeeping in the country, and its cultural and economic importance. [Ukrainian, English, and Russian]
Beekeeping with a Top-Bar Hive
- How to keep bees naturally with a top-bar hive - free plans, retail hives, books, DVDs and other resources. Sustainable beekeeping for the backyard beekeeper.
- Devoted to keeping bees alive through information, education, and action. Also promotes local honey.
- Practical information and videos on all aspects of the honeybee and beekeeping.
- Information resource about honey bees and their value to mankind, written to inspire and encourage people to keep bees themselves.
- Organic beekeeping how-to's and instructional videos using langstroth and top bar hives. Raw honey, hive hosting, bee removal in Boston, MA.
- Beekeeping using top bar hives. Free detailed plans for building a top bar hive. Author of The Barefoot Beekeeper.
- New Zealand’s largest producer of commercial bumblebee hives; providing natural and efficient pollination of NZ food crops.
Buzz About Bees
- Describes the different types of bees, their nests, life cycles, causes of decline, honey, and how we can help them.
- The Danish Beekeepers' Association. Includes a diary recounting the activities of an efficient hive owner in Denmark.
- Guide for beginners in beekeeping and raising bees. Contains articles about purchasing bees, beehives, and tools.
Enemies of Bees
- Information on the most common bee diseases that occur in the United States with suggested treatments.
For the Love of Bees
- Classes in natural top-bar beekeeping located in New Mexico. Instructor Les Crowder, author of the book, "Top-Bar Beekeeping."
Gold Star Honeybees
- Supplier of retail top bar hives and hive kits. Several free "how-to" videos on beekeeping using top bar hives.
Help overcome a Fear of Bees
- Help for people with a fear or phobia of bees. Has an on line testing section.
Help the honeybee
- Site with practical advice on beekeeping and ways in which you can help save the honeybee
- Guide to beginning beekeeping in Tennessee. Live webcams inside a bee hive.
Hog Bay Apiary
- Ligurian bee sanctuary in South Australia. Includes information on the bees, beekeeping, and beekeepers of Kangaroo island.
The Honey Beat
- A blog about honeybees. We like to talk about beekeeping, eating honey, protecting pollinators, honeybee crafts and news.
- Australian beekeeping information and supplies.
- Dutch website with scientific information on the causes and results of honeybee decline and pollinator loss, edited by Utrecht University.
- A nonprofit conservation organization with a mission to protect the honeybees and inspire and educate new urban beekeepers.
How to get rid of bees?
- Information about bees in Los Angeles: Africanized honeybees and how to remove them.
IDRC: Beekeeping in Rural Areas
- New technologies and methods to promote beekeeping as a cottage industry and their socioeconomic effects.
John's Beekeeping Notebook
- Bee hive observations, beekeeping history, rearing queens, beekeeping experiences in the Fiji Islands and the Ukraine.
Kalamazoo Bee Club
- Beekeeping basics: historical background, equipment, defenses, colony development and honey harvesting.
Kiwimana's Beekeeping Blog
- Organic Beekeepers from the hills of West Auckland in New Zealand.
- Offers information for new beekeepers on how to make hives and keep bees. Includes videos, articles and a blog.
- A honeybee sanctuary in Northern California. Offers beekeeping information and classes.
- Factsheets and videos on beginning beekeeping, honeybee biology, hive management, diseases and pests.
Musée de l'Abeille
- Beekeeping museum near Quebec city. Information about attractions and workshops. Bee products for sale.
National Honey Board
- Information for consumers, the food industry and the honey industry. Funds research projects and provides merchandising materials.
- Beekeeping naturally, using herbs and oils.
Of Bees, Beekeepers and Food
- Information about the importance of bees and pollination to our food supply, beekeeping, honey, and beeswax.
Organic Varroa-treatment in Beekeeping
- Danish Beekeepers evaluate methods to control Varroa mite using formic acid, oxalic acid and lactic acid.
- Management information for both home and commercial fruit and vegetable pollination.
Pollination: The Forgotten Agricultural Input
- Article by Dr. M. Sanford on the importance of honey bees to agriculture.
The Practical Beekeeper
- Natural beekeeping without treatments for pests or diseases and only minimal interventions. By Michael Bush, author of the three volume book set: "The Practical Beekeeper."
- Organizations, on-line education project, research facilities. History of beekeeping and videos of bee behavior (Slovene + English).
- A honeybee sanctuary promoting sustainable and biodynamic beekeeping.
Tiwana Bee Farm
- Beekeeping in India and the apiculture technology of the area. Punjab, India.
Top Bar Observation Hive
- Building plans and photographs.
WebRing: Honey Bees & Beekeeping
- Webring which may be joined by any beekeping-related web site.
Usenet sci.agriculture.beekeeping -
Usenet sci.bio.entomology.misc -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 17:05:12 UTC -