become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agriculture/Animals
Open Directory - Science: Agriculture: Animals
Feeds and Supplements
Grassland, Hay and Forage.
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Aquaculture
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Farming: Animals
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal
Science: Biology: Zoology
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare
This category in other languages:
Animal Production Systems Group
- Explores sustainable development options for high and low external input animal production systems on a worldwide scale. In Dutch and English.
Breeds of Livestock : Oklahoma State University
- Encyclopedia of individual breeds of cattle, horses, sheep, goats, swine, and other species.
- Online link to the livestock news, content, research, webboard communities and website directory.
European Animal Disease Genomics Network of Excellence for Animal Health and Food Safety
- EADGENE aims to provide the basic knowledge necessary for the development of new or improved therapeutics and vaccines, improved diagnostics and the breeding of farm animals for disease resistance.
Federation of Animal Science Societies
- US society promoting animal agriculture. Details of the society, member directory, newsletters and meetings.
- An on-line encyclopedia of animal feeds. The project covers feeds mainly available in tropical, subtropical and Mediterranean regions but also includes common feeds used in temperate countries.
Grazing Systems and Alternative Livestock Breeds
- Livestock production alternatives provide farmers with a wide variety of options, from raising unusual animals to utilizing pasture-based systems or developing value-added animal products.
Livestock Production Management
- Portal created by Dr. Vivek M. Patil with information and project reports on animal husbandry, dairy, sheep, goat, poultry and rabbit farming; camel, horse and yak management; fodder production; livestock marketing; care of pet dogs, cats, birds, wild and zoo animals.
Microlivestock: Little-Known Small Animals with a Promising Economic Future
- Describes little-known small animals and microbreeds of common livestock animals that may be economically useful. Targeted at developing countries.
New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research
- Publishes original research papers on all aspects of animal and pastoral science relevant to temperate and subtropical regions.
New Zealand Society of Animal Production
- Includes details of the society, lists of articles, details of conference proceedings, newsletters, how to join.
Polish National Research Institute of Animal Production
- Research interests include genetic improvement, nutrition, and development of biotechnical methods for growth, development and production of animals and product quality. In Polish and English.
Production Medicine International
- Dedicated to helping producers in developing countries to improve animal productivity. Includes details of past and present projects.
South African Society for Animal Science
- Association of scientists who practice and report on animal agriculture.
The National Institute for Animal Agriculture
- Describes its work in serving and promoting the livestock industry in the United States. Includes downloadable technical papers, event and educational information.
- This EU funded project aims to accommodate societal concerns and market demands, to develop reliable on-farm monitoring systems, product information systems, and practical species-specific strategies to improve animal welfare.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:51:49 PM EDT -