become an editor
the entire directory
only in Peru/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: South America: Science and Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: South America: Peru
This category in other languages:
Amazon Center for Environmental Education and Research
- Provides information about ACEER's activities in research, education and land husbandry in the Upper Amazon Basin, near Iquitos, where it owns 250,000 acres of rainforest.
Amazon River Dolphins
- An extensive, well presented study on Amazon River Dolphins in the northern Peruvian Amazon, incorporating background information, field notes, graphics, maps and scientific research. Prepared by educators, students and grad students. Lesson plans available.
CREES: Rainforest Education and Research Center
- Education and research programmes for improved sustainable natural resource management and co-operative conservation strategies in tropical environments. Based in Cusco.
Ilzro Raps Peru (IRP)
- Operates in the Amazon Basin of Peru and implements rural electrification programs using renewable energies.
Information Technology in Peru
- Jeffrey Bernstein pulls together a broad, current picture of information technology and its impact on the country.
International Potato Center - CIP
- Seeking to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweetpotato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas.
Life and Times of J. Francis Macbride
- Information about the U.S. botanist (1892-1976) and his ground-breaking Flora of Peru series. Excerpts from his travel journal with photos (1922-3).
The Living Edens: Manu, Peru's Hidden Rain Forest
- Supplements information in PBS program, including flora, fauna, history, links and classroom resources. The Manu Biosphere Reserve lies in the Peruvian Amazon.
Lost Crops of the Inca
- Little-Known Plants of the Andes with Promise for Worldwide Cultivation (1989), an online manuscript that covers research about exotic cereals, fruits, roots and tubers.
Medical Geography and Cholera
- Makes a case study of the epidemic outbreak in 1991, with graphics and geographic information system data files. University of Colorado's Department of Geography
Peruvian Cactus and Succulent Society
- Informs about activities of this non-profit association, including its annual publication and cacti-related research outside Peru.
Plants of the Machiguenga
- A combination travelogue and scientific inquiry into medicinal uses of rain forest plants. Neurologist Ethan Russo examines the ethnobotany, anthropology, and wildlife of this Amazonian tribe in Parque Nacional del Manu.
Rainforest Conservation Fund
- RCF informs about efforts to raise funds for and manage the 800,000 acre Tamshiyacu-Tahuayo Community Reserve near Iquitos.
Spatial Hydrology of the Urubamba River System in Peru
- Francisco Olivera (Center for Research in Water Resources, University of Texas at Austin) gives a didactic exercise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to examine an Andean watershed. Includes maps and graphics.
US Geological Survey P 1386-I
- A detailed study of glaciation in Peru by Benjamín Morales-Arnao with sections on the Cordillera Blanca on landsat imagery and Quelccaya Ice Cap by Stefan L. Hastenrath.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 20, 2013 at 11:09:02 UTC -