become an editor
the entire directory
only in Urubamba/Machu_Picchu
Open Directory - Regional: South America: Peru: Departments: Cusco: Urubamba: Machu Picchu
Travel and Tourism
This category in other languages:
Destination: Machu Picchu
- Detailed information and 360 degrees views of plazas, buildings and temples of the Citadel and the Inca Trail.
- Louis H. Albert's photographs of this stunning fortress city of the ancient Incas, virtually intact when discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911.
- Melinda Reese gives a readable introduction to this astounding survival of Inca culture, with a bibliography and related links.
- History, discovery and general information. Includes a photo gallery.
Machu Picchu - Lost City of the Incas
- Labyrinthina hosts extracts from Hiram Bingham's 'Lost City of the Incas' - the story of his discovery of Machu Picchu in 1911.
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Descriptions and photographs of the ruins along the trail, personal account of the hike and how it has changed, details of a novel set in the area and links to related sites.
The Lost City
- One of the luckiest breaks in the history of exploration must have been when Hiram Bingham stumbled on Machu Picchu. An article by Robin Hanbury-Tenison from Travel Intelligence.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:47:54 AM EDT -