become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Astronomy
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: South America: Chile: Science and Environment: Astronomy
Regional: South America: Science and Environment: Astronomy
This category in other languages:
Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- NASA-funded project, maintains bibliographic databases of more than 4 million records for: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation, Physics and Geophysics. This is a mirror site at the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Atacama Large Millimeter Array Project (ALMA)
- International astronomy facility at 16,400 feet in Llano de Chajnantor, Chile. An array with a collecting area of up to 10,000 square meters. With baselines foreseen to extend to 10 Km, the angular resolution provided by the new instrument will be that of a diffraction limited 4m optical telescope.
Atacama Pathfinder EXperiment (APEX)
- Located at 5000m in Llano Chajnantor, this modified ALMA prototype antenna as a single 12 meter dish, on-axis Cassegrain telescopeon. Information about the project, technology and image gallery.
Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory Home Page
- A complex of astronomical telescopes and instruments located approximately 80 km to the east of La Serena at an altitude of 2200 Meters. Information on instruments, visiting, activities, observations, research. (AURA, NOAO, NSF)
European Southern Observatory (ESO)
- Intergovernmental, European organisation for astronomical research, operates many observatories in Chile. Here you will find full scope information about every project, news, technologies and observations.
- Mauna Kea, Hawaii, and Cerro Pacha, Chile. Features news, information about the facilities and telescopes, web cams, and resources.
Isaac Newton Institute
- Chilean private non-profit organization for scientific research in astronomy, supporting over 300 staff astronomers in 15 European countries. Lists information about the organization and published research papers.
La Silla Observatory
- First European Southern Observatory (ESO) built in Chile, at 2.400m in the Atacama desert.
Las Campanas Observatory
- Features information about the facilities and telescopes, research, and resources.
- This Very Large Telescope (VLT), part of ESO observatories, is located at in Cerro Paranal at 2,635m in the Atacama Desert, northern Chile. Information about the project status, engineering, and current observations.
- Specialized travel services in the northern desert of Chile, offer astronomy programs that include amateur astronomical observing and visits to the ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) site and the Very Large Telescope (VLT) observatory. Special services for professional astronomers may also be arranged.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 3, 2014 at 15:23:22 UTC -