become an editor
the entire directory
only in Polar_Regions/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Science: Earth Sciences: Quaternary Studies: Glaciology
Science: Environment: Ozone Layer
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Regional: Polar Regions
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Conducts research in the Arctic, the Antarctic and at temperate latitudes. It coordinates Germany's polar research programme and provides other institutions with the facilities, equipment and logistics needed for polar expeditions.
Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI)
- Information about Russian research in the polar continents in the areas of geophysics, ice conditions and weather. Page includes photos and institute history.
Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research
- An interdisciplinary journal providing original research on the Polar regions. Includes abstracts, index, subscription information. It does not provide the full-text of articles.
Byrd Polar Resesarch Center
- Research focuses on the role of cold regions in the global climate system. Includes publications, conferences, links to related sites.
Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling
- Based in London, Bristol and Cambridge, the Centre researches and studies processes at the Earth's Poles. Includes research projects, publications, seminars, meetings, conferences, links, contact details, staff lists.
CNR - Polar Research Activity
- Italian organization. Resources, collaborations, news, services, press, and relevant links.
EBSCO: Arctic and Antarctic Regions
- Resource for research on cold regions. General information, overview, and content.
Essays on Arctic Environment
- Essays on key environmental issues by respected Arctic scientists.
- Preserving the history of America’s polar explorations (especially in the Antarctic), telling the story of the Coast Guard and Navy icebreakers and providing educational resources including afloat training.
The International Commission on Polar Meteorology
- Focus for research into the meteorology and climatology of the Arctic and Antarctic.
National Institute of Polar Research
- Japanese facility that researches polar meteorology, glaciology, oceanography, geology, marine and terrestrial biology, ecology, and Antarctic meteorites. Includes information on facilities, publications, and joint research.
National Science Foundation
- Office of polar programs concerned with scientific research, and operational support of that research.
National Science Foundation: Polar Research
- NSF programs for support of scientific research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
National Snow and Ice Data Center
- Information and referral center supporting polar and cryospheric research. Education resources, the NSIDC data catalog and an image gallery.
Norwegian Polar Institute
- Institution for research, environmental monitoring and mapping of the polar regions.
Operation Deep Freeze
- Information and pictures on the use of US Navy Destroyer Escorts as weather picket ships from 1957 to 1968.
Polar Climate Group
- At the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University. Goals, staff, publications, research, and literature.
- Directory of web sites about the polar regions and related scientific topics.
Polar Research Board
- Provides independent analysis to the federal government and the nation on matters of science and technology affecting public policy on research needs, environmental quality, natural resources, and other issues in the Arctic, the Antarctic, and cold regions in general.
Scott Polar Research Institute
- SPRI is a University of Cambridge research centre covering both the Arctic and Antarctic.
- Sea ice concentration and cloud signature maps of polar areas.
The SINTEF Group
- Polar technology programme from The Foundation for Scientific and Industrial Research at the Norwegian institute of technology.
The Swedish Universities of Technology Libraries
- Resource for polar research and cold region technology.
Teachers Experiencing Antarctica and the Arctic
- Program that sponsors research experiences in the polar regions for U.S. elementary and secondary school teachers. Includes program information and journals and other reports from current and past participants.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 1, 2014 at 11:54:30 UTC -