become an editor
the entire directory
only in Papua_New_Guinea/Society_and_Culture
Papua New Guinea
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: Papua New Guinea: Society and Culture
Aid and Development
Chats and Forums
Regional: Oceania: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Pacific Islanders: Melanesians
This category in other languages:
Between Two Nations
- Full text of the 1986 book by R. J. May on the Indonesia-Papua New Guinea border and West Papuan nationalism.
The Blue Logic: Something from the Darker side of Port Moresby
- A novel by Wiri Yakaipoko. [PDF]
Counting Systems of Papua New Guinea and Oceania
- Full text of a 1992 Ph.D. thesis by Glendon Avedon Lean on counting systems.
Eric's PNG Site
- An informational site about the country, its culture and people.
Ethnologue - Languages of Papua New Guinea
- Information about the living languages of the country including population, region, classification, dialects and alternate names.
Evaluating Information: A Stone Age Perspective on the Internet
- An essay by A. D. Madden, focusing on the Kope People.
- A contact site for the Kiap (past patrol officers) of Papua New Guinea.
Global List of Women's Organizations - Papua New Guinea
- Provides contact information for groups of women helping others.
Information, Communication and Disability
- An article by D. Bruce Yeats presented at the 1997 Waigani Seminar.
Keynote Address - Value of Traditional Knowledge in the 21st Century
- Transcript of a speech by John Waiko at the 1997 Waigani Seminar.
Morobe Province Agricultural Society
- Information about past Morobe Province Shows, including agricultural displays and cultural performances.
Oksapmin Society and World View
- PhD thesis on culture in Oksapmin, West Sepik Province: an aesthetic oneness of opposites.
- A 1998 article by Kakak Kais on the Paliau Movement (cargo cult) of Madang Province.
- A newsletter based on snippets of information from Papua New Guinea.
Summer Institute of Linguistics Papua New Guinea
- Dedicated to vernacular language development and translation of materials within the country of Papua New Guinea. Language materials for some of Papua New Guinea's many languages.
Tapr: The Drum (Garamut) Signals of the Maramba Society
- An article by Paul Yamngarpise Norman on the significance of drum signals in Maramba society, presented at the 1997 Waigani Seminar.
Whiteman and Mungas Barter System
- A poem from the book Tsomi by Matubuna Tahun. [PDF]
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 19:54:08 UTC -