become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceania/Palmyra_Atoll
Regional: North America: United States: Dependent Areas
This category in other languages:
CIA - The World Factbook: United States Pacific Island Wildlife Refuges
- Features map and brief descriptions of the geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues.
The Curse of Palmyra Island
- Article about the aura of the islands in the light of past events and visitors' travelogues. Includes excerpts about the ownership of the island.
Encyclopedia of the Nations - Palmyra Atoll
- Provides information about the country's geography, people, government, economy and tourism. From Thomson Gale.
IMDb - And the Sea Will Tell (1991)
- Details of the TV movie about the real-life murder of Mac and Muff Graham on Palmyra Atoll.
The Nature Conservancy - Palmyra Atoll
- News and information about the conservation group's purchase of the atoll to study and preserve its fauna and flora. Includes timeline and illustrations.
Palmyra Atoll: Rainforest of the Sea
- A webcast photographic expedition to Palmyra Atoll, 1000 miles south of Hawaii. Features history and photography and video of coral reefs and Palmyra's wildlife.
Palmyra Island Monthly Coral Oxygen Isotope Data
- 112-year, monthly-resolved coral record, gathered by Kim Cobb and Chris Charles.
Palmyra: Pacific Paradise
- NPR radio feature on the atoll (July 2000, by Alex Chadwick).
United States v. Fullard-Leo, 331 U.S. 256 (1947)
- Supreme Court's 1947 decision rejecting the government's 1939 claim to the atoll after review of the occupany of the uninhabited island in the last hundred years.
Wikipedia - Palmyra Atoll
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the uninhabited US territory's history, government and politics, geography, economy, demographics, language and culture.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 13, 2014 at 11:40:11 UTC -