become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Weather
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Weather
Regional: Oceania: Weather
- A Governmental agency, MetService gathers, analyses and provides weather information for the public of New Zealand, and for a wide range of domestic and foreign commercial customers.
New Zealand Weather Forum
- The New Zealand centrepoint for weather reports, analysis and the discussion of thunderstorm/severe weather prognoses'.
BBC Weather Centre - Country Guides: New Zealand
- Provides climate and weather information.
Current New Zealand Weather
- Links to real-time personal weather stations across the country.
Forecasting by the Moon
- Predict Weather predicts long range weather forecasts using the Moon's orbits, phases, lunar angles and almanac data. A very different forecasting approach.
Hourly NZ Infrared Satellite
- Weatherzone Australia gives New Zealand hourly infrared JMA MT-SAT images.
Hydrometric Monitoring Network
- A collection of links to all the regional council online river flow and rainfall information from around New Zealand
Landcare Research, NOAA Satellite Passes
- High-resolution satellite images from the NOAA satellites, four passes daily and an extensive archive available.
Lightning Tracker - Auckland
- Live java lightning strike tracking for the Upper-North Island region, based in Auckland.
Lightning Tracker - Canterbury
- Live java lightning strike tracking for the Greater Canterbury region, based in Christchurch.
Lightning Tracker - Waikato
- Live java lightning tracking of lightning strikes for the Waikato region, based in Hamilton.
MetVUW Weather and Climate Service
- Satellite and radar images, upper air data, forecast charts, surface observations, and interesting weather events (cyclones).
New Zealand Soundings
- Weather balloon ascents are under-taken daily at 12.00 and 00.00 NZST from Whenuapai Airbase, Paraparaumu and Invercargill Airport. Updated around 3-4 hours later.
NIWA - National Climate Centre
- The NCC provides regular public information on current climate conditions across New Zealand including soil moisture and river flows, and outlooks for coming seasons.
NZ Weather - Springston
- Weather forecasts, discussion forum, storm and lightning tracker, gallery and blogs from the Springston weather station.
OceanFun Publishing Ltd
- Tide graphics, tables, and astronomical data for NZ.
Rosie's Weather links
- New Zealand Weather links by Steve Rosie, Christchurch. Note: some links may die out.
- Based on data from NCEP, it provides multi-level forecasts for the New Zealand ski spots.
- Networked lightning detection.
- Based on the numerical WWW3 oceanographic model bringing a healthy number of surf breaks for New Zealand.
- Forecasts from the MetService including the latest TV one weather report, on demand.
VHF site for New Zealand VHF Channels
- New Zealand VHF Weather Channels and times.
Weather Underground: New Zealand
- The latest SYNOP report from various NZ locations. Extensive archiving available.
Weather Watch Centre
- Weather news including storm alerts, cyclone warnings, weather warnings, live lightning radar, satellite maps and weather blogs, from The Radio Network.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 24, 2013 at 11:45:07 UTC -