become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Weather
Regional: Oceania: Weather
- A Governmental agency that gathers, analyses and provides weather information for the public of New Zealand, and for a wide range of domestic and foreign commercial customers.
New Zealand Weather Forum
- The New Zealand centrepoint for weather reports, analysis and the discussion of thunderstorm/severe weather prognoses'.
Current New Zealand Weather
- Links to real-time personal weather stations across the country.
Hourly NZ Infrared Satellite
- Weatherzone Australia gives New Zealand hourly infrared JMA MT-SAT images.
Hydrometric Monitoring Network
- A collection of links to all the regional council online river flow and rainfall information from around New Zealand
Landcare Research, Maps and Satellites
- Ecosat, LENZ, Maori land visualisation tool, protected areas network (PAN-NZ), remote sensing and image processing, S-map online and threatened environment classification.
Lightning Tracker - Auckland
- Live java lightning strike tracking for the Upper-North Island region, based in Auckland.
Lightning Tracker - Canterbury
- Live java lightning strike tracking for the Greater Canterbury region, based in Christchurch.
Lightning Tracker - Waikato
- Live java lightning tracking of lightning strikes for the Waikato region, based in Hamilton.
MetVUW Weather and Climate Service
- Satellite and radar images, upper air data, forecast charts, surface observations, and interesting weather events (cyclones).
National Rural Fire Authority Weather
- Maps showing fire danger, fire behaviour, fuel moisture and weather. Fire weather information is available for the last six months.
New Zealand Soundings
- Weather balloon ascents are under-taken daily at 12.00 and 00.00 NZST from Whenuapai Airbase, Paraparaumu and Invercargill Airport. Updated around 3-4 hours later.
NIWA, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research | Taihoro Nukurangi
- Conducts leading environmental science to enable the sustainable management of natural resources for New Zealand and the planet.This includes providing critical information about our varying climate, essential to managing resources and reducing risks.
OceanFun Publishing Ltd
- Tide graphics, tables, and astronomical data for NZ.
- Predicts long range weather forecasts using the Moon's orbits, phases, lunar angles and almanac data.
Rosie's Weather Links
- New Zealand Weather links by Steve Rosie, Christchurch. Note: some links may die out.
Shamrock Lightning Detection
- Part of the Blitzortung TOA based Lightning Detection network providing coverage for the Oceania region.
ShellyPark Weather Station
- Detailed weather information for the Shelly Park area in Howick, Auckland. Includes live weather information, webcam images and newly installed lightning tracker.
- Based on data from NCEP, it provides multi-level forecasts for the New Zealand ski spots.
Sphere | StrikeStar Australia and New Zealand
- Networked lightning detection.
St Albans/Mairehau Weather, Christchurch
- A personal weather station (PWS) in one of many suburbs of Christchurch.
- Forecasts and reports for the best beach breaks, reefs and point breaks in New Zealand grouped into regions. The Wave Finder tool suggests each day's best surfing based on the local surf forecasts.
- Forecasts from the MetService including the latest TV one weather report, on demand.
VHF site for New Zealand VHF Channels
- New Zealand VHF Weather Channels and times.
Weather Underground: New Zealand
- The latest SYNOP report from various NZ locations. Extensive archiving available.
Weather Watch Centre
- Weather news including storm alerts, cyclone warnings, weather warnings, live lightning radar, satellite maps and weather blogs, from The Radio Network.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 25, 2016 at 1:48:21 UTC -