become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Māori
Society and Culture
Iwi and Hapu
News and Media
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Pacific Islanders: Polynesians: Maori
From Hawaiki to Hawaiki
- Features the culture, history, mythology, legend and whakapapa (genealogy) of the indigenous Maori people of New Zealand (Aotearoa).
- Kawhia - spiritual and ancestral home of Tainui. The arrival of Tainui and its history.
Maori People, Traditions and Art
- Site contains information about Maori culture, history, language, art (haka, tattoo), beliefs and legends.
- Information and links on Maori culture, history, traditions, iwi, kapa haka, performing arts, and carving.
- Information on Mokomōkai the documentary and Moko the horror movie. The documentary recounts the academic and tribal background of the late Maui Pomare and his efforts as a collector of Maori antiquities, principally Mokomōkai.
Muaupoko Tribal Authority Inc
- The Muaupoko live in the Horowhenua area. News, elections, Panui, services and information.
- Nga whakaaro e pa ana ki te Karaitianatanga me te haahi Mihinare. Dedicated to exploring the idea of “Māori Theology.” Looks at God, Jesus, the holy spirit and the church from a mihinare (Māori Anglican) perspective.
The Ngati Maniapoto Marae Pact Trust
- A cooperative venture of Maniapoto Marae, primarily a fund raising initiative to provide funds for Marae development and maintenance.
Ngati Pahauwera Development Trust
- Through this website the Trust provides updates on news, events, and information on the activities of the Trust for members, whanau and the general public.
- Expresses and explores contemporary lifestyles of Ngati Porou, including people, culture, identity, and marae.
Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga, New Zealand's Māori Centre of Research Excellence
- Site features information on programmes, research, news, events, publications, video, seminars and conference.
Ngā Wairiki Ngāti Apa
- Provides access to information about the Rūnanga, including information about identity, news updates and notices of future events.
Ngāti Kōata Trust
- Ngāti Kōata rangatiratanga in Te Tau Ihu is based on three take. Take tuku, take raupatu and take ahi kā roa based on our unbroken occupation and inter iwi marriages.
- Mai Titoki ki Te Rau o Te Huia. From Titoki to Te Rau o Te Huia. This pepeha relates to the northernmost and southernmost coastal pā of Ngāti Mutunga whose area of interest extends beyond these two pā.
Ngāti Whakaue Tribal Lands
- The Incorporation is about farming and includes three sheep and cattle stations. Website features grant forms, farm reports, shareholder list, panui and resources.
- Information on Parihaka today, redress, future focused Parihaka, events and timeline.
Port Nicholson Block Settlement Trust
- Mission: to restore, revitalise strengthen and enhance the cultural, social and economic well-being of Taranaki Whanui ki Te Upoko o Te Ika
R.E.O. | Te Reo Māori Language Learning
- Māori language learning resources, language teacher resources, general Māori education resources and easy Māori teaching tools for teachers and parents.
Rongowhakaata | Kaitieki o Ngati Maru, Ngati Kaipoho, Ngai Tawhiri, Ngati Ruapani ki Turanga
- This website is the home of the whānau of Rongowhakaata, the descendants of Turahiri, Moetai, Uetupupuke me Rongowhakaata raua ko Ruapani.
Takoa, Te Aka Kūmara o Aotearoa
- A networking and linkage resource supporting the needs of whanau, community organisations, Government groups and commerce and containing more than 2000 listings.
Tapu Te Ranga Marae
- A living Marae and the home of Hirini (Bruce Stewart) and his family- shared with peoples of all races all creeds. History, information on the Marae and venue plus gallery
Te Aka Ora Charitable Trust
- A youth and community development organisation based in Gisborne. Provides programmes, activities and events for tamariki and rangatahi.
Te Kete Ipurangi
- A bilingual portal-plus web community which provides educational material for teachers, school managers, and the wider education community.
Te Puni Kokiri | Realising Maori Potential
- Te Kahui Mangai(TKM) is a directory of iwi (tribes) and Maori organisations for purposes of consultation and research.
Te Puni Kōkiri
- Works within government and communities, to support Māori collective success at home and globally.
Te Roopu Waiora Trust
- Provides disability information, advice and support to whanau with disabilities and their communities. Information on services, projects and resources.
Te Runanga o Turanganui a Kiwa
- Represents the interests of Rongowhakata, Ngai Tamanuhiri and Te Aitanga a Mahaki. Promotes and advances the cultural, economic, spiritual, social well-being and prosperity of Iwi.
Te Runanganui o Taranaki Whanui
- The governing council providing a wide range of services to the people of the Hutt Valley.
Te Rūnanga o Te Rarawa
- Established by its marae to progress the spiritual, cultural, social and economic growth of Te Rarawa. Works to develop opportunities and initiatives for the their people's future and the protection of their lands and other taonga.
Te Rūnanga Ō Kirikiriroa
- An Urban Authority acknowledging the sovereign rights of mana whenua and tangata whenua of the Hamilton City area.
Te Uri o Hau Settlement Trust
- Te Uri o Hau is a Northland hapu of Ngati Whatua whose area of interest is located in the Northern Kaipara region.
Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui Trust (Te Ātiawa o Te Waka-a-Māui)
- Represents Te Ātiawa people who whakapapa to Te Tau Ihu (the top of the South Island).
- Health and social development for Tuhoe. Includes details on history, professional development and information about the Hui Ahurei.
- This panel provides the platform for giving voice to those things that really matter, personally and for the whānau.
Waitangi Tribunal -Te Rōpū Whakamana i te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Established in 1975 by the Treaty of Waitangi Act 1975 the Tribunal is a permanent commission of inquiry charged with making recommendations on claims brought by Maori relating to actions or omissions of the Crown that breach the promises made in the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A compilation of a large number of separate Māori-English and English-Māori dictionary, lexicon, and word-list resources - compiled, organised and maintained by Wordstream Corporation Ltd - Te Tokapū Whakairo Kupu.
Whakatōhea Māori Trust Board
- Information about the organisation, hapū , marae, Whakatōhea history, services offered and businesses owned.
Whanganui River Māori Trust Board
- In 2014 Whanganui Iwi members voted to approve the dissolution of the Board and the transfer of its assets to Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui. Information on timeline, claim report, process and registration, plus news, maps and contact form.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2016 at 5:52:31 UTC -