become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: Oceania: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
- Offers strategic business advisory services and supplies to biological sciences, technology and chemicals companies. Includes service range, case studies, profiles and contacts. [Auckland].
- Network of instruments and data centres monitoring seismic and volcanic activity. Features volcano cams and information on latest earthquakes.
Hector's and Maui's Dolphin SOS
- Hector's dolphins and their close relative the Maui’s dolphin live only in New Zealand and are both the smallest and rarest marine dolphins on earth. Entanglement in gill and trawl nets has devastated them to near extinction. Information on the dolphins, threats, what's new and how to help.
- A sub-branch of the Australasian Branch of the Hydrographic Society with members representing the fields of hydrography, oceanography, geophysics, civil engineering and associated disciplines at all levels of expertise.
Industrial Chemistry Services
- Range of services including water, wastewater treatment, portable plant available within New Zealand.
Journal of New Zealand Birds
- Nga Manu o Aotearoa. Contents from current issue.
Landcare Research | Invasive Invertebrate Threats
- Investigates threats posed by invasive invertebrate species established in New Zealand, as well as any other invaders that might breach New Zealand's borders. Research includes: potential risk and impact assessment; identification of species; surveillance programmes designed to detect species; and developing pest management strategies. [PDF]
Living Legacies Limited
- An environmental funeral company which has an innovative, sustainable and celebratory approach to life, death and funerals. It reduces global warming, preserves native forests, provides alternative funeral services and promotes life celebrations.
New Zealand Animals
- A not for profit educational Web site containing information and photographs on a wide selection of animals inhabiting New Zealand.
New Zealand Antarctic Society
- Shares knowledge in the fields of all sciences, exploration, discovery and mapping and seeks protection of the Antarctic environment. Profile, branches and membership information.
New Zealand Biosecurity Institute
- To preserve and protect New Zealand's natural resources from the adverse impacts of invasive pests. Profile, activities, calendar and jobs.
New Zealand Institute of Physics
- A group who represent professional physicists. News, membership information, details of conferences and meetings.
New Zealand Marine Sciences Society
- A non-profit organization providing access to and within the marine science community and identifying emerging issues through annual conferences, annual reviews, a listserve and its website.
- New Zealand's swamp mafia - the Pukeko (or purple gallinule)! Flash games (Superpook!), downloadable printable activities for kids, and pukeko-themed recipes and cocktails.
- The environmental planning resource site. Best practice guidance on developing regional and district plans under the New Zealand Resource Management Act 1991, including a database of RMA publications and articles.
Resource Management Law Association
- Organisation that promotes an understanding of resource management law. Features a member directory, information on the association and the various events that it runs.
- Company offering rocket research and development. Provides information on the products and services offered, including the manufacture and launch of suborbital rockets.
Royal Society of New Zealand
- News, events, and publications relating to the society's aim of the advancement of science and technology.
Science for Kids
- A fun science and technology related website with experiments, games, facts and activities for children of all ages.
- Science exploration through stories focusing on literacy. Free activities, experiments, lesson plans, resources, and curriculum ideas for education K-K12 (Primary).
Sir Peter Blake Trust
- Photographs and logs of the voyage of the Seamaster, and articles about Sir Peter's ocean racing and early life.
US Energy Information Administration - New Zealand
- US EIA provides data, forecasts, country analysis brief and other analyses, focusing on the energy industry including oil, natural gas and electricity.
- Software developed by Marshall Day Acoustics for predicting the absorption performance of porous systems with perforated facings.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2016 at 4:34:13 UTC -