become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Associations
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Health: Associations
Alcohol Drug Assn NZ (ADANZ )
- Offers a range of alcohol and other drug information. Also provides a support helpline for family and friends around alcohol and other drug use.
Aotearoa New Zealand Association Of Social Workers (ANZASW)
- The professional body representing the interests of social workers in Aotearoa New Zealand and providing the structure for accountability of social workers to their profession, consumers and public.
The Canterbury Medical Research Foundation
- Aiming to raise the quality of health care by supporting and encouraging health research. New Zealand research grants and charitable donations.
- The award-winning Web site of the New Zealand Dermatological Society, aims to provide authoritative information about the skin for health professionals and patients with skin diseases.
Health Information Association of NZ
- An association who support the development of comprehensive health information systems and services.
- Organisation news and events, educational programs, cardiac health facts and research/grant resources.
Immunisation Advisory Centre
- Offers unbiased information to the public and health professionals on all aspects of childhood immunisation against infectious diseases.
KIDS Foundation of New Zealand
- Offer support to children and adults with primary immune deficiencies, immune defects and related blood disorders.
MASTA New Zealand
- Medical information for Doctors and Nurses about travel health needs of New Zealand travellers.
Medical Aid Abroad
- Not for profit organisation supplying medical supplies to developing nations. Includes overview and contact details.
Māori Medical Practitioners Association
- Advances Māori health by contributing to the leadership of the health sector and by development and maintenance of the Māori medical workforce.
Neurological Foundation of New Zealand
- A registered charity formed in 1971 using research, education and information to reduce the level of suffering and premature death from diseases of the brain and nervous system.
New Zealand Audiological Society
- The professional body of Audiologists in New Zealand
New Zealand Dietetic Association (Inc)
- National association of the dietetic profession currently representing over 450 dietitians and associated professionals practicing in diverse areas of dietetics throughout New Zealand.
The New Zealand Lysosomal Storage Diseases Support Group
- Information, support and advocacy for families affected by Lysosomal Storage diseases, a group of rare genetic diseases.
New Zealand Nurses Organisation
- Represents members, promotes nursing and midwifery and participates in health and social policy development.
New Zealand Organisation for Rare Disorders (NZORD)
- Rare disease information gateway, support groups directory, practical advice, health and disability resources, research information, news and issues.
New Zealand Rheumatology Association
- Site is intended to help facilitate communication between members of the NZRA, and improve public understanding of arthritis.
New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Consists of medical practitioners registered in New Zealand and who specialise in Otolaryngology.
New Zealand Society of Podiatrists
- Representing podiatrists, helping to maintain standards of practice, advance podiatric education, and improve patient access to increased treatment options within podiatry.
North Shore Hospice
- Formed to provide appropriate care for people in the final stages of a terminal illness. Has provided palliative care for many thousands of dying patients and their families/whanau.
The NZ Charter of Health Practitioners Inc
- Represents the varied modalities involved in the natural healthcare profession of New Zealand.
NZ Society of Clinical and Applied Hypnotherapy
- This society has hypnotherapy practitioners in many New Zealand cities and towns. Formed in 1984 it is linked to the Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists.
Parent to Parent
- A national organisation working with families and children affected by disabilities, health impairments, rare syndromes and special needs.
Parkinsons New Zealand
- Provides health information and support services to assist people with Parkinsons, their families and their carers. We work as a team with related health professionals.
- Royal New Zealand Plunket Society - a major provider of well child health services in NZ.
- A group of more than 300 general practitioners throughout the greater Auckland region, who work together to provide the health care services.
Public Health Association of New Zealand
- Aims to promote public debate of health and health services, participate in the formulation and evaluation of health policy, promote research, disseminate knowledge, and coordinated action.
Public Health WWW Networking Project
- A site for discussion and resources for anyone interested in using the WWW for networking about public health.
The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- The national body in New Zealand concerned with standards and education for General Practitioners and of General Practice.
- Facts about the dangers of smoking and information on the Smokefree initiative to encourage New Zealand smokers to quit, sponsored by The Health Sponsorship Council.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:15:09 PM EST -