become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Health
Conditions and Diseases
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons
Occupational Health and Safety
Regional: Oceania: Health
Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
This category in other languages:
Accident Compensation Corporation
- The Government's workplace accident insurance company. Information about prevention, cover and claims.
- A charitable organisation dedicated to promoting the quality of life and well-being of older people. Details of services provides, news and information.
- Supports those who work with young people and thereby enhances youth development so that young people thrive. Information on initiatives, personal development, community and latest happenings.
Arthritis New Zealand
- A national voluntary organisation which represents the interests of those with arthritis. Information on the condition and its treatment.
- Professional audiology service. Hearing and hearing aid consultation and evaluations.
Carers Net New Zealand
- A one stop information resource for New Zealand carers featuring carer services and community information.
- Provider of support and services to people with physical disabilities. Also an advocate for the rights of disabled people.
Children's Health Camps - Te Puna Whaiora
- The New Zealand Foundation for Child and Family Health and Development provide a caring, supportive and healthy environment where children aged between 5 and 12 years receive training in social skills, peer relationships, and are provided with time out and respite care
Christian Healthcare Trust
- A trust that provides rest homes, hospitals and home care facilities for the elderly.
Community Leisure Management
- Provides quality swimming pools, wave pools, fitness centres and recreational facilities in conjunction with local councils.
Crown Public Health
- A public health service provider provides specific services affecting various population groups in NZ.
- Medical testing-laboratory site providing company information, lab locations, and detailed information on a variety of medical tests, including test reference-ranges and possible causes of abnormal results.
- Fee based virtual clinic. Online consultations with medical Doctors available.
- An extensive database directory of rest homes, retirement villages, home help services and community groups.
Enable New Zealand
- Information, research and funding services for New Zealand people with disabilities.
Enigma Health Care Information Publishing
- Provides online medical bookstore, healthcare review journals, newsletters, New Zealand Health Care directory, conference and contract databases.
- On-line list of medical conditions and patient's guide for men, women and children.
Green Cross Health
- A primary healthcare provider, delivering healthcare solutions to communities throughout New Zealand. Represents more than 330 community pharmacies, provides complete family healthcare services through GP, accident and medical centres and home health care and community nursing.
Health and Disability Commissioner
- Te Toihau Hauora, Hauatanga. An independent agency working to promote and protect the rights of consumers of health services and disability support services, and to facilitate the fair, simple, speedy and efficient resolution of complaints relating to the infringement of those rights.
Health Navigator New Zealand
- Information on self care, videos, mobile apps, heart healthy living, health A-Z, eating and drinking.
The Health Research Council
- The major funder on behalf of central Government of biomedical, public health, Maori health and Pacific health research. The HRC also provides national health research ethics guidelines.
- Specialises in providing inhouse health services such as home nursing, personal care, care co-ordination and post hospital and injury recovery. [Auckland and Tauranga]
Lupus Trust of New Zealand
- Volunteer organisation dedicated to raising awareness of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) within the New Zealand community.
- New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority. A business unit of the Ministry of Health and the authority responsible for the regulation of therapeutic products in New Zealand.
Mobile Surgical Services
- Specially equipped mobile operating theatre addresses problems accessing healthcare by relatively isolated communities.
National Screening Unit
- Co-ordination of several health screening programmes, with details for health professionals, news, and list of publications.
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
- Information about the hospitals and other services provided.
New Zealand Blood Service - Te Ratonga ToTo O Aotearoa
- Nationwide blood collection service for New Zealand. With corporate profile, news, information for donors and others, contact details and collection locations.
New Zealand Food Safety Authority
- Services to protect and promote public health and safety and assist marketing for food and related products, and paper on salmonella research.
New Zealand Health IT Cluster
- An industry grouping of New Zealand-based health software vendors, consultants and healthcare providers.
New Zealand Medical Association
- Pan-professional medical organisation. News and issues relating to the medical profession, the NZ Medical Journal, a guide for Patients, discussion forums, and links to worldwide online medical resources.
New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Manatu Hauora. The Government's principal advisor on health and disability: improving, promoting and protecting the health of all New Zealanders
Ngai Tahu Māori Health Research Centre
- Te Rūnanga o Ngai Tahu and Dunedin School of Medicine: University of Otago.
- Organ donors offer the gift of life. Includes information on how to donate, reasons for donating and an FAQ.
PHARMAC | Pharmaceutical Management Agency
- The New Zealand government agency that decides which pharmaceuticals to publicly fund in New Zealand. Makes choices about District Health Boards' (DHBs') spending on vaccines, community and cancer medicines. Also makes decisions about the medicines funded in DHB hospitals.
Southern District Health Board
- The Government-funded organisation responsible for most publicly funded primary health and hospital services in the Southland and Otago regions of New Zealand. Created as the result of the merger of Southland and Otago DHBs on 1 May 2010.
SPINZ - Suicide Prevention Information New Zealand
- Suicide prevention information service. Includes publications and information sheets for downloading or ordering, and links to other resources around the world.
- New Zealand's largest radiology group with 19 clinics across the North Island. Offers CT colonography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), bone density scans, mammography, pregnancy imaging, angiography, steroid injections and special procedures.
W M Bamford & Co Ltd
- Supplying medical disposable products.
World Health Organization (WHO) - New Zealand
- UN health agency provides news, information and statistics on the country's public health issues and services, professional health workers, disease outbreaks, and government legislation and expenditures.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2016 at 3:38:11 UTC -