become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Health
Conditions and Diseases
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons
Occupational Health and Safety
Regional: Oceania: Health
Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
This category in other languages:
Accident Compensation Corporation
- The Government's workplace accident insurance company. Information about prevention, cover and claims.
- A charitable organisation dedicated to promoting the quality of life and well-being of older people. Details of services provides, news and information.
Arthritis New Zealand
- A national voluntary organisation which represents the interests of those with arthritis. Information on the condition and its treatment.
Carers Net New Zealand
- A one stop information resource for New Zealand carers featuring carer services and community information.
- Provider of support and services to people with physical disabilities. Also an advocate for the rights of disabled people.
Children's Health Camps - Te Puna Whaiora
- The New Zealand Foundation for Child and Family Health and Development provide a caring, supportive and healthy environment where children aged between 5 and 12 years receive training in social skills, peer relationships, and are provided with time out and respite care
Christian Healthcare Trust
- A trust that provides rest homes, hospitals and home care facilities for the elderly.
Community Leisure Management
- Provides quality swimming pools, wave pools, fitness centres and recreational facilities in conjunction with local councils.
Crown Public Health
- A public health service provider provides specific services affecting various population groups in NZ.
- Medical testing-laboratory site providing company information, lab locations, and detailed information on a variety of medical tests, including test reference-ranges and possible causes of abnormal results.
- Fee based virtual clinic. Online consultations with medical Doctors available.
- An extensive database directory of rest homes, retirement villages, home help services and community groups.
Enable New Zealand
- Information, research and funding services for New Zealand people with disabilities.
Enigma Health Care Information Publishing
- Provides online medical bookstore, healthcare review journals, newsletters, New Zealand Health Care directory, conference and contract databases.
- On-line list of medical conditions and patient's guide for men, women and children.
Health and Disability Commissioner
- Te Toihau Hauora, Hauatanga. An independent agency working to promote and protect the rights of consumers of health services and disability support services, and to facilitate the fair, simple, speedy and efficient resolution of complaints relating to the infringement of those rights.
Health Care Aotearoa (HCA)
- A Treaty of Waitangi based national network of community-driven and governed primary health care services providing accessible and innovative primary health care for their communities.
Health Information for Everybody in New Zealand
- Everybody: the healthcare hub for Kiwis- information on over 250 health topics, the latest medical research and New Zealand health news.
The Health Research Council
- The major funder on behalf of central Government of biomedical, public health, Maori health and Pacific health research. The HRC also provides national health research ethics guidelines.
- Specialises in providing inhouse health services such as home nursing, personal care, care co-ordination and post hospital and injury recovery. [Auckland and Tauranga]
Health Workforce Advisory Committee (HWAC)
- Komiti Taunaki Kaimahi Hauora. The role of the Committee is to advise the Minister of Health on health workforce issues that the Minister specifies by notice to the Committee.
Hon Tariana Turia, Associate Minister of Health
- Minister with a long and active history in Maori Iwi development, especially in the areas of health, employment, and education.
- New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority. A business unit of the Ministry of Health and the authority responsible for the regulation of therapeutic products in New Zealand.
Ministry of Health
- Manatu Hauora. The place to find out about the latest New Zealand health issues.
Mobile Surgical Services
- Specially equipped mobile operating theatre addresses problems accessing healthcare by relatively isolated communities.
Mäori Health NZ
- The site aims to provide leads and introductions to every topic relating to Mäori Health.
National Screening Unit
- Co-ordination of several health screening programmes, with details for health professionals, news, and list of publications.
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
- Information about the hospitals and other services provided.
New Zealand Blood Service - Te Ratonga ToTo O Aotearoa
- Nationwide blood collection service for New Zealand. With corporate profile, news, information for donors and others, contact details and collection locations.
New Zealand Food Safety Authority
- Services to protect and promote public health and safety and assist marketing for food and related products, and paper on salmonella research.
New Zealand Guidelines Group
- Established to develop common language and expectations regarding best practice clinical guidelines in the health and disability sector.
New Zealand Health Information Service
- A group within the Ministry of Health responsible for the collection and dissemination of health-related information.
New Zealand Health IT Cluster
- An industry grouping of New Zealand-based health software vendors, consultants and healthcare providers.
New Zealand Injury Prevention Strategy
- A government initiative to enhance the infrastructure that supports injury prevention activity. News, policy and injury statistics.
New Zealand Medical Association
- Pan-professional medical organisation. News and issues relating to the medical profession, the NZ Medical Journal, a guide for Patients, discussion forums, and links to worldwide online medical resources.
New Zealand National Radiation Laboratory
- Provides a national resource of expert advice, service provision and research capability on matters concerning public, occupational and medical exposure to radiation, the performance of radiation equipment, and the measurement of radiation and radioactivity.
- Organ donors offer the gift of life. Includes information on how to donate, reasons for donating and an FAQ.
Pacific Islands Heartbeat
- Community heart health support and education for Pacific Islanders in New Zealand. Nutrition, recipes, fitness and other resources.
Pharmaceutical Management Agency Ltd (PHARMAC)
- The Crown entity that manages the NZ Pharmaceutical Schedule on behalf of its owner, the Health Funding Authority (HFA), and directly accountable to the Minister of Health.
SPINZ - Suicide Prevention Information New Zealand
- Suicide prevention information service. Includes publications and information sheets for downloading or ordering, and links to other resources around the world.
W M Bamford & Co Ltd
- Supplying medical disposable products.
World Health Organization (WHO) - New Zealand
- UN health agency provides news, information and statistics on the country's public health issues and services, professional health workers, disease outbreaks, and government legislation and expenditures.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 9:05:03 UTC -