become an editor
the entire directory
only in New_Zealand/Health
Conditions and Diseases
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons
Occupational Health and Safety
Regional: Oceania: Health
Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
This category in other languages:
Accident Compensation Corporation
- The Government's workplace accident insurance company. Information about prevention, cover and claims.
- A charitable organisation dedicated to promoting the quality of life and well-being of older people. Details of services provides, news and information.
Allied Medical Limited
- Represents many of the world's leading rehabilitation and healthcare products. Supplier of rehabilitation, mobility, physiotherapy and orthopaedic products.
- Supports those who work with young people and thereby enhances youth development so that young people thrive. Information on initiatives, personal development, community and latest happenings.
Arthritis New Zealand
- A national voluntary organisation which represents the interests of those with arthritis. Information on the condition and its treatment.
- A programme designed for the Māori community to encourage Smoke Free.
- Professional audiology service. Hearing and hearing aid consultation and evaluations.
The Canterbury West Coast Emergency Care Co-ordination Team [ECCT]
- A clinical network group across all pre-hospital and in-hospital emergency services, including emergency planning.
Carers Net New Zealand
- A one stop information resource for New Zealand carers featuring carer services and community information.
- Provider of support and services to people with physical disabilities. Also an advocate for the rights of disabled people.
Children's Health Camps - Te Puna Whaiora
- The New Zealand Foundation for Child and Family Health and Development provide a caring, supportive and healthy environment where children aged between 5 and 12 years receive training in social skills, peer relationships, and are provided with time out and respite care
Christian Healthcare Trust
- A trust that provides rest homes, hospitals and home care facilities for the elderly.
- Offers the modern Plastibell© technique of circumcision for babies. Clinics are situated throughout the North Island and Christchurch.
Community Leisure Management
- Provides quality swimming pools, wave pools, fitness centres and recreational facilities in conjunction with local councils.
Crown Public Health
- A public health service provider provides specific services affecting various population groups in NZ.
- Fee based virtual clinic. Online consultations with medical Doctors available.
E3 Health Ltd
- A health consultancy with a major focus on the use of information and communication technology to provide a health service to New Zealanders.
- An extensive database directory of rest homes, retirement villages, home help services and community groups.
Enable New Zealand
- Information, research and funding services for New Zealand people with disabilities.
Enigma Health Care Information Publishing
- Provides online medical bookstore, healthcare review journals, newsletters, New Zealand Health Care directory, conference and contract databases.
- On-line list of medical conditions and patient's guide for men, women and children.
The Good Companion
- Companionship services for the elderly and ill. Provides services for people who want to continue living independently, or people needing help from time to time. [Christchurch, Nelson, Auckland].
Green Cross Health
- A primary healthcare provider, delivering healthcare solutions to communities throughout New Zealand. Represents more than 330 community pharmacies, provides complete family healthcare services through GP, accident and medical centres and home health care and community nursing.
Health and Disability Commissioner
- Te Toihau Hauora, Hauatanga. An independent agency working to promote and protect the rights of consumers of health services and disability support services, and to facilitate the fair, simple, speedy and efficient resolution of complaints relating to the infringement of those rights.
Health Navigator New Zealand
- Information on self care, videos, mobile apps, heart healthy living, health A-Z, eating and drinking.
The Health Research Council
- The major funder on behalf of central Government of biomedical, public health, Maori health and Pacific health research. The HRC also provides national health research ethics guidelines.
- Specialises in providing inhouse health services such as home nursing, personal care, care co-ordination and post hospital and injury recovery. [Auckland and Tauranga]
- A catalogue of free health resources provided by the Health Promotion Agency (HPA) and the Ministry of Health.
Hive | The Health Innovation Exchange
- A community of healthcare innovators, professionals, academics and patient advocates focused on sharing ideas to improve healthcare in New Zealand.
- Baby information, parenting advice, nappies and pregnancy tips.
Lupus Trust of New Zealand
- Volunteer organisation dedicated to raising awareness of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) within the New Zealand community.
- Tests samples from patients referred by general practitioners, specialists, midwives and other medical referrers. Information for patients and clinicians. Based in the central area of the North Island.
- New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority. A business unit of the Ministry of Health and the authority responsible for the regulation of therapeutic products in New Zealand.
Mobile Surgical Services
- Specially equipped mobile operating theatre addresses problems accessing healthcare by relatively isolated communities.
National Screening Unit
- Co-ordination of several health screening programmes, with details for health professionals, news, and list of publications.
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board
- Information about the hospitals and other services provided.
New Zealand Blood Service - Te Ratonga ToTo O Aotearoa
- Nationwide blood collection service for New Zealand. With corporate profile, news, information for donors and others, contact details and collection locations.
New Zealand Food Safety Authority
- Services to protect and promote public health and safety and assist marketing for food and related products, and paper on salmonella research.
New Zealand Health IT Cluster
- An industry grouping of New Zealand-based health software vendors, consultants and healthcare providers.
New Zealand Ministry of Health
- Manatu Hauora. The Government's principal advisor on health and disability: improving, promoting and protecting the health of all New Zealanders
Ngai Tahu Māori Health Research Centre
- Te Rūnanga o Ngai Tahu and Dunedin School of Medicine: University of Otago.
- Organ donors offer the gift of life. Includes information on how to donate, reasons for donating and an FAQ.
PHARMAC | Pharmaceutical Management Agency
- The New Zealand government agency that decides which pharmaceuticals to publicly fund in New Zealand. Makes choices about District Health Boards' (DHBs') spending on vaccines, community and cancer medicines. Also makes decisions about the medicines funded in DHB hospitals.
- New Zealand suppliers of first aid equipment including safety devices.
Smart Caller Nurse Call Systems
- Comprehensive and adaptable nurse call systems that are specifically intended to monitor a wide range of needs anywhere where care and safety is paramount.
- Importer and distributor of point of care medical diagnostic systems. Currently operating in the Australasian healthcare markets. Information on medical diagnostic and drug and alcohol screenings.
Southern District Health Board
- The Government-funded organisation responsible for most publicly funded primary health and hospital services in the Southland and Otago regions of New Zealand. Created as the result of the merger of Southland and Otago DHBs on 1 May 2010.
SPINZ - Suicide Prevention Information New Zealand
- Suicide prevention information service. Includes publications and information sheets for downloading or ordering, and links to other resources around the world.
- New Zealand's largest radiology group with 19 clinics across the North Island. Offers CT colonography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), bone density scans, mammography, pregnancy imaging, angiography, steroid injections and special procedures.
- Height adjustable standing desks.
W M Bamford & Co Ltd
- Supplying medical disposable products.
World Health Organization (WHO) - New Zealand
- UN health agency provides news, information and statistics on the country's public health issues and services, professional health workers, disease outbreaks, and government legislation and expenditures.
New Zealand health
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 17, 2016 at 0:51:23 UTC -