become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Agencies_and_Departments
Agencies and Departments
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Government: Agencies and Departments
Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- The organisation who administer New Zealand's compulsory accident compensation scheme for personal accident insurance cover.
Biosecurity New Zealand
- Biosecurity info and quarantine guidelines for people travelling or importing goods/cargo to NZ. Includes information on foreign garden pests and diseases that harm New Zealand.
Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Registers all New Zealand births, deaths and marriages. Provides access to registered birth, death and marriage information and a number of other services.
- Complete profile with prison jail sentences in New Zealand, sentencing remand probation and parole data, news, publications, and careers advice.
Department for Courts
- Information on the Judicial system in New Zealand.
Department of Conservation
- DOC is the government agency responsible for conservation in New Zealand.
Department of Internal Affairs
- Encompasses heritage, identity services, community development, gaming and censorship regulation, emergency management and Civil Defence.
Education Review Office
- The government department which reports publicly on the quality of education in all New Zealand schools and early childhood centres, including private schools, kura kaupapa Maori (Maori language immersion schools) and kohanga reo (Maori language early childhood groups).
Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority
- Works to bring about voluntary changes of behaviour to implement Government strategies for energy efficiency and conservation in both the private and public sectors.
Family and Community Services
- An agency of the Ministry of Social Development that works with other government and non-government agencies, and communities to give families access to information and coordinated social services.
Foundation for Research, Science and Technology
- A statutory authority with an independent Board, reporting to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology. It is responsible for about 60% of the public expenditure on research and development in New Zealand, investing approximately $310 million annually in line with policies and priorities set by the Government. It covers almost all fields of science, including the social sciences but excluding defence and health.
Good Practice Funding
- Help for public servants to follow good process in funding community, voluntary and Maori organisations.
Government Communications Security Bureau
- Contributes to the security of New Zealand through the provision of foreign signals intelligence to Government.
Inland Revenue Department
- A resource for all your Business, Personal and Professional tax needs.
- The Land Transport Safety Authority is a stand alone Crown entity charged with promoting safety in land transport at reasonable cost. This site provides safe driving and practical advice for general and commercial drivers. It also contains great resources for overseas visitors, cyclists, teenagers and school students.
Land Information New Zealand
- Providing core Government land and seabed information.
Landonline: Survey and Title Information
- Land Information New Zealand's (LINZ) survey and title information online. Landonline will introduce direct remote searching of survey plans and land title records, and (ultimately) electronic submission of cadastral surveys and land title transactions.
Ministry of Social Development, Te Manatu Whakahiato Ora
- Provides strategic social policy advice to the New Zealand Government and social services to more than one million New Zealanders. Also responsible for the Ministry of Youth Development, the Offices for Disability Issues, Senior Citizens, the Community and Voluntary Sector and the SuperGold Card.
National Archives of New Zealand.
- National Archives ensures access to, and preservation of, those central government records which have significantly affected the development of New Zealand and the lives and liberties of its citizens. National Archives ensures that this documentary heritage is preserved for future generations and made accessible to both academic researchers and the general public.
New Zealand Companies Office
- Direct access to the official government register and national database. Provides registration information on companies, trademarks, industrial and provident societies, charitable trusts, overseas companies registered in New Zealand and security interests registered on motor vehicles.
New Zealand Customs Service
- One of the Government's border protection agencies. It has specific responsibilities for ensuring that all goods and persons entering and exiting New Zealand do so in accordance with all New Zealand laws and regulations.
New Zealand Earthquake Commission
- A New Zealand Government agency providing natural disaster insurance to residential property owners.
New Zealand Immigration Service
- Responsible for migration and entry to New Zealand. Provides information on visas, immigration and entry requirements for work, business, study or travel.
New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management
- Developing a risk-based approach that will increase the capability of communities and individuals to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- With contact information for the Diplomatic and Consular Representatives accredited to New Zealand.
New Zealand Post
- The New Zealand Post Group's main business activities include business and personal communications, physical goods distribution, banking and payments and document and information management.
New Zealand Securities Commission
- To encourage, promote and facilitate good securities and corporate practice and to discourage malpractice, both in the promotion of securities and in the management of investors' funds.
New Zealand's Agency for International Development (NZAID)
- Government department responsible for delivering New Zealand’s Official Development Assistance and for advising Ministers on development assistance policy and operations.
Occupational Health and Safety
- New Zealand's Health and Safety Net where you can find out how to contact OSH; learn about the hazards of your work; learn about health and safety law; order health and safety information products; learn about training and education resources; report and accident or illness in your workplace.
Office for the Community and Voluntary Sector
- An agency concerned with issues affecting the community and voluntary sector. Which raises the profile of community, voluntary and Māori organisations within government.
Office of Film & Literature Classification
- Classifies publications (including films, videos, print material and digital files) that may need to be restricted, and provides information on censorship in New Zealand.
Office of Treaty Settlements
- Negotiate on behalf of the Crown the settlement of historical grievances under the Treaty of Waitangi; implement settlements that have been reached; and administer the Protection Mechanism for surplus Crown land.
Pharmaceutical Management Agency
- Manages the NZ Pharmaceutical Schedule on behalf of its owner, the Health Funding Authority.
Standards New Zealand
- The trading arm of the Standards Council. A crown entity operating under the Standards Act 1988. The Standards Council, an appointed body with representatives from all sectors of the community, oversees the development and adoption of Standards and standards-related products.
State Services Commission
- A central agency who provide leadership, coordination, and advice on the management of the State sector.
Statistics New Zealand (Te Tari Tatau)
- The major source of official statistics. They gather a vast amount of information about people, households, businesses and economic activity.
- The New Zealand Takeovers Panel is a body corporate established by the Takeovers Act 1993. Site provides information about the Takeovers Act 1993, the Takeovers Code and the Takeovers Panel.
The New Zealand Office of Ethnic Affairs
- Provides a referral and information service for ethnic communities in New Zealand, and policy advice to government.
Tourism New Zealand
- The official site for Tourist operators with news, events and reports.
- Operates the state highway system.
Work and Income New Zealand
- Look for staff, list your vacancies, find out about training, help with wages, work experience and other employment solutions.
Agencies and Departments
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, October 20, 2008 11:20:42 PM EDT -