become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tertiary_Institutions/University_of_Canterbury
University of Canterbury
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: New Zealand: Canterbury: Christchurch: Education: Tertiary Institutions: University of Canterbury
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: Oceania: New Zealand: Universities
University of Canterbury
- Faculties of Engineering, Forestry, Arts, Science, Music and Fine Arts and Commerce. Specialties include Antarctic Studies, Earthquake and Fire Engineering. Information on or for courses and subjects, campus, students, international students, departments, centres, contacts, research, publications, vacancies and Hayward Thesis, plus site map and search facility.
Canterbury School of Fine Arts
- Offers a tertiary education in Art Design practice, Art History and Art Theory.
College of Education
- Offers a wide range of courses which may form part of a variety of first and postgraduate degrees in education. Contacts, postgraduate and undergraduate information, staff and research.
Department of Accountancy and Information Services
- Information on the degrees of B.Com., B.Com.(hons), M.Com., Ph.D., and on the MBA and MEM programmes as well as information about courses, people, distinguished visitors, research, seminars, links and the Commerce Faculty.
Department of American Studies
- Combines the insights and practices of several branches of knowledge in the arts and social sciences as they bear upon a single topic, the people and culture of the United States of America. Information about what can be done with a degree in AMST, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, faculty research and books relevant to American Studies.
Department of Chemical and Process Engineering
- Part of the School of Engineering at the University and concerned with the transformation of materials by chemical, physical and biological change. Information on chemical and process engineering, history of the department, facilities and contacts.
Department of Chemistry
- Study and research projects from BSc(Hons) to PhD level. Information about Chemistry, courses, research, people and Biochemistry.
Department of Civil Engineering
- Dedicated to advancing the profession of Civil Engineering. Information on the Department, staff, study, disciplines and publications.
Department of Classics
- Provides a wide range of Classical Studies courses as well as instruction in the study of the ancient world through the medium of original languages. News, events, courses, staff, contacts and Classic links.
Department of Computer Science
- Information on Departmental research, teaching, limitation of entry, people, Departmental organization, news, events and seminars.
Department of Economics
- Emphasis is placed on three core areas of study - microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. Department, student and research information.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- The largest faculty in the School of Engineering. Contacts, postgraduate, undergraduate and course information, staff, research, resources, news and seminars.
Department of English
- Offers a wide range of courses in Language and Literature, including the newer, New Zealand, Australian and other postcolonial literatures, cultural studies and literary theory. Courses, contacts, staff, research, news, events and the big iamb - poetry and fiction e-zine.
Department of Geography
- General information on the facilities and environment at the Department including latest GMS weather satellite images. More detailed information can be obtained by contacting individual staff.
Department of Geological Sciences
- Runs a full teaching and research programme. Teaching, research, careers, resources, and contact information
Department of History
- Contacts, academic profile and information on studying history, a student's view, notable graduates, skills enhanced by history, careers and student liaison.
Department of Management
- Offers academic study of a variety of disciplines which can also be labelled commerce or business. Programme, course, research, staff, student, and alumni information, plus news, events and links to ORSNZ (Operational Research Society of New Zealand) Conferences, Quest - the monthly research newsletter, MBA Programme and NZ Institute of Management (NZIM).
Department of Philosophy
- General information and information on Stage One, Two, Three and Four courses, cognitive science programme, planning a degree in Philosophy, how to write philosophy essays and the Turing Archive for the History of Computing
Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Offers a wide range of courses with opportunities for research at the more senior levels. Contacts, research, course and graduate student information, plus information for intending Students and other links.
Department of Psychology
- A set of courses. Introduction to psychology and information on staff, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, scholarships, employment, plus links to psychology resources and The New Zealand Psychological Society.
Department of Social Work
- Helps develop an effective framework for committed practice as change-agents. Information about social work, people in the Department, courses, fieldwork, careers and the Violence Research Centre, plus news, events and file downloads.
The Department of Theatre and Film Studies
- Study theatre and film as performing arts and as cultural processes. Course, staff, Christchurch Free Theatre and Te Puna Toi (Performance Research Project) information, plus Theatre and Film Studies portal.
- Centre for Antarctic Studies and Research. Contributes to an increased understanding and more effective management of the Antarctic and the Southern Ocean by being a focal point and a catalyst for Antarctic scholarship. Information on Board of Directors, staff members, courses offered, services, research, UNEP/GRID-C node, news and events, plus aerial photos and links.
- The scientific study of language and a 'foundation' discipline in the sense that it bridges the social sciences, the natural sciences, and the humanities. Link to The Origins of New Zealand English (ONZE) Project and information about courses and people.
Macmillan Brown Centre for Pacific Studies
- Promotes and advances scholarship and understanding of the Pacific region. Information on research and visiting scholars, publications, teaching, artist in residence, prescriptions, subjects, events, consultancy and contacts.
- Information about the Department, courses and timetable including Summer School Programme, staff, research including Te Ao Marama Research translation services, news and events, Maori graduation and Wananga Reo and links to other Maori educational and tribal websites including Te Whare Akonga o Te Akatoki.
Mathematics and Statistics Department.
- Offers a wide variety and choice of courses, ranging from core stage 1 papers in algebra, calculus and statistics to advanced fourth year courses in exciting new fields such as chaos theory.
Mechanical Engineering Department
- Home to a variety of specialist laboratories that enable the study of subjects ranging from acoustics and applied mechanics, to heat transfer and thermodynamics. Introduction and information on study and people, plus search facility.
The New Zealand School of Forestry
- New Zealand's only school of forestry and located in the University of Canterbury. Offers a variety of courses for diplomas, bachelor degrees, masters degrees and doctoral studies.
Plant and Microbial Sciences
- A diverse group with staff having research interests in subjects such as biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, cellular biology, microbial genetics and microbiology. Information on papers, career paths, facilities, news and events, plus online handbooks.
School of Biological Sciences
- Formed in May 2003 by bringing together the Departments of Zoology and Plant and Microbial Sciences. Courses, contacts, staff, research and other links.
School of Law
- One of the leading New Zealand research and teaching Law Schools. Information on The Centre for Commercial and Corporate Law Inc., The Canterbury Law Review, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, alumni and contacts.
School of Music
- Provides teaching and learning in aspects of music within an environment of active participation in research, original creative work and professional performance. Page and link list, introduction to the School of Music and goals and objectives.
School of Social and Political Sciences
- Encompasses the disciplines of: Anthropology, Gender Studies, Human Services, Journalism, Media and Communication, Political Science, Religious Studies, Social Work and Sociology. Information on course planning, study, honours and staff.
University of Canterbury Alumni Malaysia
- Mainly Malaysian members and former students of University of Canterbury.
University of Canterbury Library
- Contains information on PAC (library catalogue), databases, search the Web, e-reference, subject portals, exam papers, interloans, services, hours, campus libraries, and InformED: information and research skills programme.
University of Canterbury MBA
- Internationally accredited MBA programme. Site provides full information on courses and programme
University of Canterbury
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2013 at 7:50:14 UTC -