become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tertiary_Institutions/University_of_Canterbury
University of Canterbury
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: Oceania: New Zealand: Universities
University of Canterbury
- Faculties of Engineering, Forestry, Arts, Science, Music and Fine Arts and Commerce. Specialties include Antarctic Studies, Earthquake and Fire Engineering. Information on or for courses and subjects, campus, students, international students, departments, centres, contacts, research, publications, vacancies and Hayward Thesis, plus site map and search facility.
Aotah | School of Māori and Indigenous Studies
- Offers a range of courses that provide a broad based introduction to the Māori and Indigenous cultures, societies and language.
College of Education
- Offers a wide range of courses which may form part of a variety of first and postgraduate degrees in education. Contacts, postgraduate and undergraduate information, staff and research.
Department of Accountancy and Information Services
- Information on the degrees of B.Com., B.Com.(hons), M.Com., Ph.D., and on the MBA and MEM programmes as well as information about courses, people, distinguished visitors, research, seminars, links and the Commerce Faculty.
Department of Chemical and Process Engineering
- Part of the School of Engineering at the University and concerned with the transformation of materials by chemical, physical and biological change. Information on chemical and process engineering, history of the department, facilities and contacts.
Department of Chemistry
- Study and research projects from BSc(Hons) to PhD level. Information about Chemistry, courses, research, people and Biochemistry.
Department of Civil Engineering
- Dedicated to advancing the profession of Civil Engineering. Information on the Department, staff, study, disciplines and publications.
Department of Computer Science
- Information on Departmental research, teaching, limitation of entry, people, Departmental organization, news, events and seminars.
Department of Economics
- Emphasis is placed on three core areas of study - microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. Department, student and research information.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- The largest faculty in the School of Engineering. Contacts, postgraduate, undergraduate and course information, staff, research, resources, news and seminars.
Department of Geography
- General information on the facilities and environment at the Department including latest GMS weather satellite images. More detailed information can be obtained by contacting individual staff.
Department of Geological Sciences
- Runs a full teaching and research programme. Teaching, research, careers, resources, and contact information
The Department of Global, Cultural and Language Studies
- A newly created department with an emphasis on European and European Union Studies and Asian Studies, studied from contemporary political, social, cultural and language perspectives.
Department of Management
- Offers academic study of a variety of disciplines which can also be labelled commerce or business. Programme, course, research, staff, student, and alumni information, plus news, events and links to ORSNZ (Operational Research Society of New Zealand) Conferences, Quest - the monthly research newsletter, MBA Programme and NZ Institute of Management (NZIM).
Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Offers a wide range of courses with opportunities for research at the more senior levels. Contacts, research, course and graduate student information, plus information for intending Students and other links.
Department of Psychology
- A set of courses. Introduction to psychology and information on staff, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, scholarships, employment, plus links to psychology resources and The New Zealand Psychological Society.
- Centre for Antarctic Studies and Research. Contributes to an increased understanding and more effective management of the Antarctic and the Southern Ocean by being a focal point and a catalyst for Antarctic scholarship. Information on Board of Directors, staff members, courses offered, services, research, UNEP/GRID-C node, news and events, plus aerial photos and links.
Macmillan Brown Centre for Pacific Studies
- Promotes and advances scholarship and understanding of the Pacific region. Information on research and visiting scholars, publications, teaching, artist in residence, prescriptions, subjects, events, consultancy and contacts.
Mathematics and Statistics Department.
- Offers a wide variety and choice of courses, ranging from core stage 1 papers in algebra, calculus and statistics to advanced fourth year courses in exciting new fields such as chaos theory.
Mechanical Engineering Department
- Home to a variety of specialist laboratories that enable the study of subjects ranging from acoustics and applied mechanics, to heat transfer and thermodynamics. Introduction and information on study and people, plus search facility.
The New Zealand School of Forestry
- New Zealand's only school of forestry and located in the University of Canterbury. Offers a variety of courses for diplomas, bachelor degrees, masters degrees and doctoral studies.
- Offers an array of courses in its 'absolute beginners' series, courses with no special background required. Each course provides an enjoyable entrée into the fascinating world of philosophical thinking.
Plant and Microbial Sciences
- A diverse group with staff having research interests in subjects such as biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, cellular biology, microbial genetics and microbiology. Information on papers, career paths, facilities, news and events, plus online handbooks.
School of Biological Sciences
- Formed in May 2003 by bringing together the Departments of Zoology and Plant and Microbial Sciences. Courses, contacts, staff, research and other links.
School of Fine Arts
- Offers practical studies in sculpture, painting, photography, film and design, with students also having access to the full range of courses and other resources offered in the University.
School of Humanities and Creative Arts
- Information about studies in Art History and Theory, Classics, Cinema Studies, Cultural Studies, English, Fine Arts, History, Music and Philosophy.
School of Language, Social and Political Sciences
- Encompasses the disciplines of: Anthropology, Gender Studies, Human Services, Journalism, Media and Communication, Political Science, Religious Studies, Social Work and Sociology. Information on course planning, study, honours and staff.
School of Law
- One of the leading New Zealand research and teaching Law Schools. Information on The Centre for Commercial and Corporate Law Inc., The Canterbury Law Review, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, alumni and contacts.
School of Music
- Offers a range of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in performance, composition, digital music, ethno-musicology, music history and research, musicianship and music education.
- Programmes combine academic courses with intensive skills development and internship experience in the field. Studies at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels are offered..
- Gives updates on news and events from across the College of Arts, many of which are open to students and the public for free.
University of Canterbury Alumni Malaysia
- Mainly Malaysian members and former students of University of Canterbury.
University of Canterbury Library
- Contains information on PAC (library catalogue), databases, search the Web, e-reference, subject portals, exam papers, interloans, services, hours, campus libraries, and InformED: information and research skills programme.
University of Canterbury MBA
- Internationally accredited MBA programme. Site provides full information on courses and programme
University of Canterbury
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2016 at 6:10:46 UTC -