become an editor
the entire directory
only in Western_Australia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Science and Environment
Bush Fire Front
- Voluntary group dedicated to protecting householders, farmers and forests from bushfires. Features member credentials, photographs, and details of recent initiatives.
- Kimberley Toadbusters Inc. is a voluntary organisation using community involvement to keep this destructive introduced species out of Western Australia. Includes photographs and newsletters from fieldwork near Kununurra, and suggests ways to contribute to the campaign.
Chalice Gold Mine
- Virtual geology field trip displays the rocks and minerals of a mine in Western Australia.
European House Borer
- The Department of Agriculture describes this insect pest and the damage it causes to treated pine structures. Includes maps of infested areas, details of control measures, news and FAQ.
FloraBase - The Western Australia Flora
- Scientific database on 12,000 kinds of plants found in Western Australia, including maps, photos, descriptions, and nomenclature.
Frank O'Connor's Birding Western Australia
- Information on birding in Western Australia including articles and useful links.
Kings Park & Botanic Garden
- Views of the park, plant information and activities.
Science in the Department of Conservation and Land Management
- Conservation people, papers, articles and projects relating to the Conservation and Land Management Authority of Western Australia.
Snakes Harmful and Harmless
- Educating schools, organizations and individuals about Western Australian reptiles. Includes identification index, myths, personal stories and photographs.
South East Regional Centre for Urban Landcare
- Information on natural resource management in Perth, Western Australia. Area includes the Armadale-Gosnells Landacre Group, Bannister Creek and Two Rivers Catchment Groups, the Phosphorous Action Group and educators.
Southwest Australia Ecoregion Initiative
- A non-profit organisation created to preserve Australia's only biodiversity hotspot while supporting the local economy and communities in the region.
WA Gould League Inc
- Wildlife education and preservation facility specific to Herdsman Lake, Perth, Western Australia.
Western Australian Forest Alliance
- An umbrella body for the many community environment organisations in Perth and throughout the South West that are concerned with forest conservation. The site details information on meetings, upcoming events, photographs and latest news.
Western Australian State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre
- A major research centre located on the Murdoch University campus in Perth.
- An introduction to the state's wildlife. Includes information on frogs and other native wildlife to Western Australia, books and photographs.
Wildflower Society of Western Australia Inc
- Contains information on the native plants and habitats of the region, conservation, branch offices, and recommended reading.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 5, 2013 at 20:35:08 UTC -