become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: Australia: Victoria: Science and Environment: Environment
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Science and Environment: Environment
Buloke and Northern Grampians Landcare Network
- Consists of numerous Landcare groups within the Shires of Buloke and Northern Grampians to support sustainable rural communities and a healthy and diverse environment. Newsletter, member groups, partners and training.
Environment Protection Authority, Victoria
- Established under the Environment Protection Act 1970 to ensure the protection of beneficial uses of the air, water and land from the adverse impacts of wastes and unwanted noise.
- Peak non-government environmental, education and campaigning group working with individuals, community organisations, industry and government. Climate change, healthy rivers, waste minimisation and sustainable living resources.
Field Naturalists Club of Victoria
- Founded in 1880, acts as an advocate of conservation and the study of natural history. Membership, volunteering, publications and special interest groups.
The Friends of Waurn Ponds Creek
- Environmental initiative, to preserve the amenity of a largely suburban waterway and its flood plain. Newsletters and revegetation plan.
Keep Australia Beautiful Victoria
- Information on litter prevention and Australia's longest running community not for profit community organisation that runs the Tidy Towns, City Pride, Stationeers-'Right on Track', Pride in Prisons, Proud Schools and litter survey programs throughout the state.
Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd
- A non-profit organization working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions within the Moreland community.
Natural Resource Conservation League of Victoria
- Advocates sustainable management of forest ecosystems, provides experiential environmental education, coordinates Arbor Week and administers a tax-deductible Tree Fund. Education, activities, resources, Arbor Week and newsletter.
Northern Victoria and Southern Riverina Conservation and Environment
- Information about conservation and tourism in the area. Includes details of national parks, bushwalking, birding and local plants.
Reef Watch Victoria
- A project encouraging divers and snorkellers to monitor marine life at their favourite dive sites. Marine life identification, news and events.
River Basin Management Society
- Organisation established to find a balanced approach to land, water and natural resource management on a catchment basis.
Victorian Association for Environmental Education
- A not-for-profit organisation that provides leadership and a voice for the environmental and sustainability education sector. Projects, resources, publications and events.
Victorian Environmental Assessment Council
- Provides independent and strategic advice to government relating to the protection and ecologically sustainable management of the environment and natural resources in the state.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2013 at 12:45:07 UTC -