become an editor
the entire directory
only in Victoria/Health
Conditions and Diseases
Occupational Health and Safety
Physicians and Clinics
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Health
Victorian Government Health Information
- State government health gateway. Includes directories of hospitals, health services, publications and legislation.
Australasian Cochrane Centre
- Coordinates and disseminates information about the effects of healthcare from clinical trials and intervention practices worldwide. Details of courses and access to the Cochrane Library (free for Australian users). Based at Monash medical centre.
Better Health Channel
- Health and medical information for consumers, quality assured by the Victorian government.
Chief Health Officer
- Responsible for statutory functions under the Health and Food Acts and media spokesperson for disease control and health promotion. Contains current and previous health alerts, and bioterrorism information.
Counselling Appraisal Consultants
- Occupational rehabilitation for physical and psychological conditions, and risk management and recruitment-related health services. Locations in Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo.
Diabetes Australia Vic
- Consumer body representing people with diabetes in Victoria; includes information on the condition, local groups, and links to health professionals.
- Governments portal to help people with a disability, their families and carers find information and services provided in the state of Victoria. There is a service directory, disability and health information, events calendar, and news.
East Wimmera Health Service
- Provides acute, aged and community-based health services with locations in St. Arnaud, Charlton, Wycheproof, Birchip and Donald.
- Health information related to air, water, land, radiation, Legionella, health and safety in the home, emergency management and environmental health practice.
Health Services Commissioner
- Consumer information, news and contact details.
Health Status of Victorians
- Health and determinants of health of Victorians through population health surveillance and public health system performance evaluation.
HIV, Hepatitis & STI Education + Resource Centre
- Free statewide community resource centre on HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and sexually transmissible infections for all Victorians.
Human Research Ethics Committee
- Deals with ethical issues relating to human subject research for projects carried out by the Department of Human Services. Application form, submission dates and committee members.
Irressistible Gluten Free Food Show
- An annual expo featuring a range of foods and goods available to people interested in gluten free, wheat free diets, general good health, for those with coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and other food intolerances.
Kids and Fruit
- A charitable organisation working with communities, sporting bodies and educational groups, to improve the diet and eating habits of children. Program information and kids corner.
Local Government Planning for Health and Wellbeing
- Provides information to support local governments in positively influencing the health and wellbeing of their communities. Health Act, Environments for Health framework, programs, conferences, urban design, and community health plans.
MacKillop Family Services
- A major provider of child and family services in Victoria, committed to direct service provision and broader social change.
Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc
- A not-for-profit community-benefit provider of health care.
- Government operated telephone service offering health information at all hours.
- Provides information about safety and emergency services provided by the Victorian Government.
South West Alliance of Rural Health (Vic)
- An alliance of healthcare agencies covering 33 physical sites in the south west of Victoria.
Victorian Drug Services
- Offers information on treatment, counselling and rehabilitation services to assist people with drug problems in fighting their addiction.
Victorian Infectious Disease Research Laboratory
- Public health service with core responsibilities in virology and mycobacteriology, located in North Melbourne. Includes publications, laboratory listings, technical bulletins and surveillance.
Victorian Medicines Advisory Committee
- Advises government and leads strategic direction and policy development for the use of medicines. Affiliated groups, clinical issues, projects and publications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 11:51:43 UTC -