become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Youth
Society and Culture
Australian Capital Territory
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Associations
Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies
- A prime source on youth research and work, publishes 'Youth Field Xpress' for researchers, youth workers, and educators. Formerly also published the journal, 'Youth Studies Australia'
Australian Youth Affairs Coalition
- Australia's non-government youth affairs peak.
Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development
- Provides young Australians the opportunity to volunteer overseas in Asia, the Pacific and Africa.
The Boys' Brigade Australia
- Official website. Offers an overview of the organization, history, camps, activities, news and kids questions of the month.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Australia
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is an international leadership in action programme, available to all young people aged between fourteen and twenty-five.
Dusseldorp Skills Forum
- The DSF seeks to improve the learning and work transitions of young Australians by cooperating with communities, industry, government and non-government organisations to generate ideas, research, tools and information, and to build networks of common interest.
Enterprise Network for Young Australians
- ENYA promotes the active participation of young people in enterprise in an ethical and sustainable manner.
- An Australia wide project designed to provide young people with inspiration and skill development for effective leadership.
Girl Guides Australia
- Provides a non-formal educational program to girls and young women while offering values based training in life skills, decision making and leadership. Information on joining, news and events.
Girls' Brigade Australia
- The Girls' Brigade Australia is a Christian-based award programme helping girls to grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically and mature as active, responsible citizens.
- An Internet-based foundation that works to inspire young people to help themselves, get involved and get online.
International Young Professionals Foundation
- Based in Canberra, the IYPF works in the fields of human rights, poverty eradication, environment and social capital.
Kids Help Line
- A 24 hour, free and confidential telephone counselling service for 5 to 18 year olds. Includes background information, gala benefit auction ball details, publications and media, resources, and contact details.
- Comprehensive directory for parents in Australia. Helps parents to identify products, services and places of interest as well as giving tips and advice. Includes a parenting forum.
- Information from the National Children's and Youth Law Centre about young people's legal rights and obligations in every Australian state and territory.
National Youth Affairs Research Scheme
- NYARS facilitates nationally based research into factors affecting young people. NYARS research findings assist with the formulation and assessment of policy development and implementation by Australian, State and Territory Ministers and Departments responsible for youth affairs.
National Youth Week
- Celebrating and recognising the value of all young Australians to their communities by giving them an opportunity to express their ideas and opinions.
- Includes archived issues of the webzine, which was published in 2000 and which examined all aspects of youth culture including religion, current affairs, music, movies, and fictional writing.
- Helping young people get through difficult times. Contains inspiring stories, interactive gallery, and advice on teen issues.
Roads 2 Survival
- A community based initiative promoting safe driving. Includes educational resources and the "Parent - Young Person Safe Driving Agreement" and other agreements to download.
- Scouts Australia aims to encourage the physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development of young people.
- The Melbourne-based Shift Foundation is an international foundation that engages outstanding young leaders aged 16-35 to progress thinking and action on some of the planet's most critical global challenges.
This Is Not Art Festival
- This Is Not Art is a Newcastle-based annual national festival of new media and arts, incorporating, amongst others, the National Young Writers' Festival and the National Student Media Conference.
United Nations Youth Association of Australia
- UNYA is a youth organisation concerned with educating and involving youth in decision-making, current affairs and the United Nations.
- An e-zine for young Australians to publish creative works and reviews of art, film and music.
- The Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) works collaboratively with government, non-profit groups and partners to provide a range of programs and services to build strong people, strong families, and strong communities.
Youth Challenge Australia
- Offers youth volunteers the opportunity to volunteer on a range of powerful, community initiated development projects in South and Central America, Asia and the Pacific.
Youth Leadership Australia
- Platform for youth leadership and engagement in Australia. Information on opportunities, programs and volunteering.
Youth Network of Tasmania
- YNOT is the peak body for the non-government youth sector in Tasmania.
Youth Research Centre
- Research in identifying and proposing solutions to youth oriented issues, based at the Melbourne graduate school of education. Projects, publications, and newsletter included.
- Providing young Australians and those that work with them a range of networking and communication resources, information and opportunities.
- YWCA Australia is the Australian partner in the global network of women advancing social justice and creating opportunities and services for the development of women and their families.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 23, 2014 at 15:15:10 UTC -