become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Youth
Society and Culture
Australian Capital Territory
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Associations
Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies
- A prime source on youth research and work, publishes 'Youth Field Xpress' for researchers, youth workers, and educators. Formerly also published the journal, 'Youth Studies Australia'
Australian Youth Affairs Coalition
- Australia's non-government youth affairs peak.
Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development
- Provides young Australians the opportunity to volunteer overseas in Asia, the Pacific and Africa.
The Boys' Brigade Australia
- Official website. Offers an overview of the organization, history, camps, activities, news and kids questions of the month.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Australia
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award is an international leadership in action programme, available to all young people aged between fourteen and twenty-five.
Dusseldorp Skills Forum
- The DSF seeks to improve the learning and work transitions of young Australians by cooperating with communities, industry, government and non-government organisations to generate ideas, research, tools and information, and to build networks of common interest.
- An Australia wide project designed to provide young people with inspiration and skill development for effective leadership.
Girl Guides Australia
- Provides a non-formal educational program to girls and young women while offering values based training in life skills, decision making and leadership. Information on joining, news and events.
- An Internet-based foundation that works to inspire young people to help themselves, get involved and get online.
International Young Professionals Foundation
- Based in Canberra, the IYPF works in the fields of human rights, poverty eradication, environment and social capital.
Kids Help Line
- A 24 hour, free and confidential telephone counselling service for 5 to 18 year olds. Includes background information, gala benefit auction ball details, publications and media, resources, and contact details.
- Comprehensive directory for parents in Australia. Helps parents to identify products, services and places of interest as well as giving tips and advice. Includes a parenting forum.
- Information from the National Children's and Youth Law Centre about young people's legal rights and obligations in every Australian state and territory.
National Youth Week
- Celebrating and recognising the value of all young Australians to their communities by giving them an opportunity to express their ideas and opinions.
- Includes archived issues of the webzine, which was published in 2000 and which examined all aspects of youth culture including religion, current affairs, music, movies, and fictional writing.
- Helping young people get through difficult times. Contains inspiring stories, interactive gallery, and advice on teen issues.
Roads 2 Survival
- A community based initiative promoting safe driving. Includes educational resources and the "Parent - Young Person Safe Driving Agreement" and other agreements to download.
- Scouts Australia aims to encourage the physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development of young people.
- The Melbourne-based Shift Foundation is an international foundation that engages outstanding young leaders aged 16-35 to progress thinking and action on some of the planet's most critical global challenges.
This Is Not Art Festival
- This Is Not Art is a Newcastle-based annual national festival of new media and arts, incorporating, amongst others, the National Young Writers' Festival and the National Student Media Conference.
United Nations Youth Association of Australia
- UNYA is a youth organisation concerned with educating and involving youth in decision-making, current affairs and the United Nations.
- An e-zine for young Australians to publish creative works and reviews of art, film and music.
- The Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) works collaboratively with government, non-profit groups and partners to provide a range of programs and services to build strong people, strong families, and strong communities.
Youth Leadership Australia
- Platform for youth leadership and engagement in Australia. Information on opportunities, programs and volunteering.
Youth Network of Tasmania
- YNOT is the peak body for the non-government youth sector in Tasmania.
Youth Research Centre
- Research in identifying and proposing solutions to youth oriented issues, based at the Melbourne graduate school of education. Projects, publications, and newsletter included.
- Providing young Australians and those that work with them a range of networking and communication resources, information and opportunities.
- YWCA Australia is the Australian partner in the global network of women advancing social justice and creating opportunities and services for the development of women and their families.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2016 at 15:15:04 UTC -