become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Associations
Society and Culture
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Australian Air League
Local Currency Systems
Regional: Oceania: Society and Culture: Associations
- Specialist refugee agency, mobilising support for refugees and displaced people.
- National network of care and social justice agencies of the Anglican church. Provides assistance to needy families, youth and children, the aged, unemployed and homeless.
Australia China Friendship Society Ltd
- Voluntary organisation promoting relations with China. Organisation information, news, tours, photos, and branch links.
Australia Tibet Council
- Information about the organisation, its membership, news, campaigns and travel.
Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Aims to advance knowledge of, and the pursuit of excellence in the Humanities. Features a profile, events, fellows, grants and details of publications.
The Australian Council for International Development (ACFID)
- Coordinating body for non government overseas aid and international development organisations in Australia.
Australian Rural Leadership Foundation
- Information on the foundation, and also on the Australian Rural Leadership Program and Australian Rural Leadership Network.
- A group that investigates the paranormal and pseudo-science from a responsible scientific viewpoint
Australiana Society Inc
- A national association of collectors, dealers and researchers of Australian arts and heritage. Offers information on membership, programs, events and articles.
Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Information on welfare organization dealing with poverty. Its role and services.
Cambridge Australia Scholarships
- Awards ten PhD scholarships and one coursework Master's scholarship each year, commencing in October, to Australian graduates of outstanding academic merit to study at the University of Cambridge.
- Information on foreign aid organisation providing international humanitarian assistance.
Father of the Year
- The Australian Father of the Year is awarded each year to promote the importance of fathers to the well-being of children. Event details and contact information.
- Aimed at potential volunteers and not-for-profit organisations looking to attract new volunteers.
Hand Tool Preservation Association
- Membership information plus details of the collections.
HMAS Sydney Search Pty Ltd
- A non-profit organisation formed to find the Royal Australian Navy battle cruiser HMAS Sydney that was sunk by the German raider HSK Kormoran in WW2.
Jesuit Refugee Service
- An organisation offering a pastoral service to refugees and the communities who host them through programs of pastoral care, education for children and adults, social services and counselling and health care.
- Includes a history of this organisation which cares for the widows and dependents of deceased servicemen, links to state sites, and contact information for many local clubs.
- District 201 information setting out details and advantage of membership, activities and goals.
Make a Wish Foundation of Australia
- Grants seriously ill children their most cherished wish. Features supporters, volunteers, events, shops, and national wish day.
- The Australian affiliate of International Physicians for Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) Nobel Peace prize recipient 1985.
Monash Association of Debaters
- Debating club based at Monash University, debating at the social, intervarsity, and world levels. Information on the club, its history, events, and publications included.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Australian branch of an international medical relief organization that aids victims of armed conflict, epidemics, and other disasters. Includes information about its activities, advocacy, and opportunities to support its programmes.
National Trust of Australia
- A community-based, non-government organisation, committed to conserving Australia's heritage. Includes links to State branches, properties and collections, publications, joining, policies, volunteers, news and contact information.
Organic Federation of Australia
- Organic industry information resource for organic food, organic farming and chemical-free food.
Papua New Guinea Association of Australia
- PNGAA's world-wide membership consists of former PNG public servants, missionaries, entrepreneurs and individuals.
Parents Without Partners
- Provides single parents and their children with an environment for support, friendship and the exchange of parenting techniques. Aims and objectives, eligibility, plus contact information included.
- National association which represents Australia's leading grantmaking private, family and corporate trusts and foundations
Refugee Council of Australia
- Provides advocacy, support, protection and legal advice to refugees and asylum seekers in Australia, and support to those repatriated to their homelands.
- Helps develop skills in public speaking and chairmanship of meetings in a supportive club environment.
The Royal Children's Hospital Foundation
- The community support arm of Queensland's major paediatric tertiary Hospital. The foundation supports the hospital through state-wide fundraising, donations, bequests and major appeals and funds research, professional development and specialist equipment.
The Smith Family
- A national, independent, social enterprise working to unlock opportunities for disadvantaged Australians. Includes ways to help and donate plus information about work done by the organisation.
Tall People Australia
- A social group which aims to provide a point of contact and to provide information about useful resources for tall people.
United Nations Association of Australia
- The UNAA offers the opportunity to be involved in the wide range of issues that confront the United Nations and Australia, from human rights to peacekeeping and from greenhouse gases to clean water.
Victims of Crime
- Practical information, support and referral for victims of crime in Australia. Subjects covered include safety, rights, counselling, legal redress and compensation.
The Whitlam Institute
- Commemorates the life and work of E.G. Whitlam and pursues the causes he championed including giving a voice and resources to the people of Western Sydney.
Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
- An Australian Trust established in 1965, with the principal object to perpetuate and honour the memory of Sir Winston Churchill by the award of travelling fellowships.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 9, 2014 at 11:54:16 UTC -