become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environment
Science and Environment
New South Wales
Conservation and Endangered Species
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Issues: Environment
Australian Bush Heritage Fund
- National, independent, non-profit organisation created to preserve Australia's biodiversity through the creation of reserves on private land. Provides information on reserves, donations and the organisation.
Australian City and Regional Network
- Research network for an environmentally sustainable Australia. Find news and events, research, surveys, databases and network profile.
Australian Conservation Foundation
- Covers national environmental issues: forests, national parks, uranium mining, global warming, world heritage, rivers, recycling, pollution, wilderness and endangered species. Includes information on local groups.
Australian Rainforest Conservation Society
- Society which aims to protect, repair and restore the rainforests of Australia and to maximise the protection of forest biodiversity.
Australian Rainforest Foundation
- Created to support the country's tropical rain forest through outreach education, research, and restoring natural habitats. Page includes information about forest animals and plants, image gallery, and newsletter.
Australian Seabird Rescue
- Information and resources on the conservation and rehabilitation of various seabirds and other marine wildlife such as turtles, whales, and dolphins.
Banksia Environmental Foundation
- Information about the foundation's history, sponsors, awards and news.
- Government-industry forum to foster and facilitate the development of biomass for energy, liquid fuels, and other value added bio-based products.
CASANZ: Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand
- A non-profit organization dedicated to the furtherence and distribution of knowledge relating to air quality issues.
Centre for Groundwater Studies
- A research and education venture focusing on processes of groundwater recharge, discharge, contamination, remediation and management.
Clean Ocean Foundation
- Non-profit apolitical organisation campaigning for clean oceans, beaches and inland waters in Australia.
Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Help create a Better Earth become a conservation volunteer.
Cycle for Old Growth Forests 3
- The 2003 Cycle for Old Growth Forests will be happening over 15 days in December 2003. Aims to raise awareness of old growth logging in the Tarkine and Central Highlands.
Department of Environment and Climate Change
- Covers a range of conservation and natural resources science and programs, including native vegetation, biodiversity and environmental water recovery.
Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife
- A non-profit, non-political organisation fostering the protection of Australia's native plants, animals and cultural heritage through fundraising for environmental education and conservation projects.
The Green Vehicle Guide
- Provides ratings on the environmental performance of new vehicles sold in Australia. Shows how vehicles compare on greenhouse and air pollution emissions.
- A not for profit organisation providing a service where vehicle fleet greenhouse gas emissions are offset by planting trees.
- Diverse information about sustainable agriculture, native ecosystems, and issues in Australia. Sample topics are bush regeneration, farm forestry, coastal ecosystems.
- An amalgamation of independent Australian environmental and social organisations. Provides free internet services for environmental organisations.
- A national accreditation program that sets environmental and reporting standards for renewable electricity products offered by energy suppliers to households and businesses.
Indian Mynar Eradication Program
- A call to help eradicate an imported bird that is taking over nesting places of Australian native birds by throwing their eggs or young to the ground.
Labor Environment Activists Network
- LEAN is a broad based group of ALP members who are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment.
Land and Water Australia
- Offering national leadership in generating knowledge, informing debate and inspiring innovation and action in sustainable natural resource management.
- Includes information on landcare, tree planting programs, good business awards, news and a kids section.
Landholders for the Environment
- Australian Landholder environmental lobby group for sustainable production, for sustainable conservation and defending landholders rights.
Love That Planet
- ABC Science. Environmental news, features, and stories.
MESA - The Marine Education Society of Australasia
- National organisation bringing together those interested in coastal and marine environments. MESA provides a forum for sharing of ideas to facilitate the development of leading environmental education and interpretation programs.
Murray-Darling Basin Authority
- Promotes and coordinates planning and management for the sustainable use of the land, water and environmental resources of the Murray-Darling Basin.
Natural Resource Management
- Information about the integrated implementation of the Natural Heritage Trust (NHT) and the National Action Plan for Salinity and Water Quality (NAP).
Recycling Near You
- Provides a database of local recycling centres, searchable by postcode, council area, suburb or product. Part of Planet Ark.
UNSW Environmental Emissions and Odour Laboratory
- Conducts odour research, sampling, measurement, dispersion modelling, and impact assessment.
The Wilderness Society - Australia
- National, community-based, environmental advocacy organisation whose mission is to protect, promote and secure the future of wilderness and other high conservation areas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2016 at 9:45:03 UTC -