become an editor
the entire directory
only in Queensland/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Queensland: Travel and Tourism: Parks
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Science and Environment
Astronomical Association of Queensland
- Queensland's original astronomical body with its history extending back to 1896. Objectives are the fostering of the science of astronomy, encompassing research and public education, and the encouragement and support of observational astronomy.
Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- Deals with a range of environmental matters including protecting air, water and soil quality, managing waste, preventing or controlling pollution, managing the coastline, promoting sustainable industry, and environmental planning and research. Guidelines, activities, and services.
North Australian Fire Information
- Includes maps of North Australia showing recently burning fires (hotspots) that have been detected by satellites. Allows users to zoom-in and also identify areas burnt at some time in the past calendar year.
Queensland Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Multidisciplinary organisation promoting activities, research and innovative practices that cross the arts and sciences. Find information about membership, publications and events.
- An independent, non government, not-for-profit environment organisation based in Brisbane, Australia.
Queensland Energy Museum
- Provides an overall view of the history of energy in Queensland, the Museum, its exhibitions, collection, research and Memories of Energy Groups (MEGs).
Queensland Frog Society
- Aiming to encourage and foster an interest in frogs. Includes history, photos, member application, events, photos and information about frogs.
- Virtual visit to the state's museum of science, environment and human experience.
The Queensland Naturalists' Club Inc
- A club to promote the study, appreciation and preservation of the state's flora and fauna and their environments. Activities, publications and contact details.
Society for Growing Australian Plants, Queensland Region
- Information about native plants, conservation, and society events.
Wildlife Land Fund
- A community organisation which uses public donations to acquire and manage land with high nature conservation values.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 23, 2015 at 6:05:09 UTC -