become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Associations
New South Wales
Society and Culture
United Grand Lodge of New South Wales
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Society and Culture: Associations
- Welfare arm of the Anglican church providing a range of services to the community. Newsletter, merchandise, and information on how to volunteer
Animal Liberation NSW
- The things people do to animals, and what can be done to change it.
Australia Day Council New South Wales
- Presents information and activities associated with this holiday, as well as details of awards and speeches.
Bangla Proshar Committee
- Resource for all things related to Bangla with an emphasis on adding a Bangla language course into the NSW HSC.
Cambodian-Australian Welfare Council of NSW Inc
- A network of Khmer interested workers who meet monthly to liaise and discuss issues.
Cancer Patients' Assistance Society of NSW
- CPAS is a registered charity, non-profit organisation bringing comfort and emotional support to cancer patients, their relatives and friends from all over NSW Australia.
Deaf Society of New South Wales
- Providing services to and for the deaf community to ensure deaf people achieve their full potential.
Down Syndrome Association of New South Wales
- Encouraging people with Down syndrome to fulfil their potential.
Dying with Dignity NSW
- Aims to promote appropriate legislation for voluntary euthanasia.
- Under the auspices of the Christian Brothers, Edmund Rice International (ERI) is an NGO working for children and young people who are marginalised because of poverty, lack of access to education, legal status, environmental degradation or involvement in armed conflict.
The Ethnic Communities' Council of NSW
- A non-government peak body representing thousands of people from ethnic communities throughout the state. It operates on a voluntary basis and its primary roles are advocacy, education and community development.
Guide Dog Association of New South Wales and A.C.T.
- Provide a range of orientation and mobility services to people with a vision impairment. All services are free of charge and the association is community funded.
Immigrant Women's Speakout Association Inc.
- Community-based organisation representing the ideas and issues of immigrant and refugee women in the state. Includes details of projects, training, events and resources. Available in multiple languages.
Josephite Community Aid
- A voluntary Christian organisation committed to the poor and under-privileged.
- Part of a network of organisations founded by the Sisters of Mercy to serve the community.
NSW Federation of Parents and Citizens Associations
- The voice of those who support government schools in New South Wales. The Federation promotes and defends a free, secular and strong public education system.
NSW Ferret Welfare Society Inc
- Information about ferrets and how to care for them, photos and news.
NSW Heritage Office
- Advice and publications about Aboriginal heritage, historical and maritime archaeology, history, Local Government resources, permits, applications and contact details.
The NSW Kashrut Society Inc
- A guide to Jewish eating. Information about acceptable types of food and preparation.
People with Disabilities (NSW) Inc
- Peak organisation for advocacy, complaints and rights services and support for people with any type of disability who live in New South Wales.
Pets As Therapy
- Volunteers wanted to visit health care facilities, in their own geographical area, to interact with the frail aged.
Playgroup Association of NSW
- Holds informal sessions where parents, carers, babies and children aged 0 to school age come together. Lists information on membership, events and locations of groups.
Rail, Tram and Bus Union of NSW
- Trade union that represents the rail, light rail (tram) and publicly owned bus services across NSW.
Royal New South Wales Canine Council Ltd
- The controlling body of pure bred dog breeding and exhibiting in New South Wales.
Sir David Martin Foundation
- Contains information about the youth programs the Foundation supports which alleviate the effects of homelessness, depression, drugs and suicide for young Australians.
- Information on the New South Wales branch of the Short Statured People of Australia.
Toastmasters District 70
- Toastmasters increases self confidence by teaching communication and leadership skills.
Youth Action & Policy Association
- YAPA is the peak community group working in the interests of young people and youth services in NSW.
- Not for profit organization that aims to prevent and reduce drug use and related harm among young people in New South Wales, Australia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 1, 2014 at 13:13:11 UTC -