become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Mental_Health
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Health: Mental Health
The Anika Foundation
- Non-profit organisation supporting research into teenage and adolescent depression and suicide. News, events, the story of Anika, youth depression and donations.
- The Association of Relatives and Friends of the Mentally Ill provides of support for families, carers and friends with mental health issues. Objectives, activities and member organisations.
- A non-profit organisation in south west Victoria and Tasmania providing rehabilitation and support to those affected by mental illness and their families. Services, governance and awards.
Association of Imago Relationship Therapists Australia
- A directory of Imago Relationship Therapy events, articles, resources and therapists.
Australian Advisory Board on Autism Spectrum Disorders
- The national peak body representing people who have an autism spectrum disorder, their families, carers and helpers. Submissions, research and meeting reports.
Australian College of Clinical Psychologists
- Professional association devoted to the support and development of practising psychologists in Australia.
Australian Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Association
- Actively promoting the mental health and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and their families and carers. News, projects, conferences and resources.
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention
- Griffith University program promoting, conducting, and supporting research activities for the prevention of suicidal behaviours. Training workshops, conferences and events, publications and advice.
The Australian Society of Hypnosis
- Provides training and education in hypnosis for health professionals. About hypnosis, seeking treatment, referral list, and information for health workers.
- National organisation provides information about depression to consumers, carers and health professionals. Includes symptom checklists, fact sheets and resources, research, fundraising and media releases.
- A non-profit organisation promoting Pfeiffer treatment, involving techniques of biochemical treatment for mental and behavioural disorders. Articles, patient information, directory of practitioners, membership and events.
Children of Parents with a Mental Illness
- A resource centre for workers, parents and families, and young people. Programs and services by state, resources by age group, and media releases.
Department of Health and Aging: Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Federal government mental health, wellbeing and suicide prevention initiatives.
- A resource on depression and related illnesses, operated by Australian mental health consumers and carers.
Embrace the Future Foundation
- A program to educate young people in strategies and skills which promote and sustain resiliency and positive mental health, run by the Mental Health Foundation of Australia. Resiliency resources for teachers, parents and carers and information for youth.
Good Therapy Australia
- Resource for mental health networking. Includes directory of practitioners and training providers, public forum, book shop, articles and information on the different approaches in counseling and psychotherapy.
- A community organisation working towards mental health through mutual help and a 12-step program of recovery. Testimonials, publications, residential centre in New South Wales, and meeting groups by state.
- Government established National Youth Mental Health Foundation, providing mental and health wellbeing support, information and services to young people and their families.
- Supports parents with learning difficulties and promotes a healthy start to life for their young children. Includes parenting education resources.
- This telephone counselling service provides details of services, community programs, training, and mental health information.
Make the Change
- Online counselling service via text-based chat, voice or video. Counsellor qualifications and professional membership, articles and tips to promote happiness and well-being.
Mental Health Council of Australia
- An independent, national representative network of organisations and individuals committed to achieving quality mental health in Australia. Mental health information, resources, events and hot issues.
Mental Health First Aid
- A course teaching how to identify and help people with mental health problems. Project for national guidelines, first aid strategies, courses and instructor training.
- Supports Australian secondary schools in promoting and protecting the mental health of members of school communities. Classroom ideas, discussion group, training calendar, high needs students, and evaluation.
Multicultural Mental Health Australia
- A group of co-located and functionally integrated organisations that constitute the leading Australian policy, research and teaching centre in the area of culture and health.
- A psychosocial health and rehabilitation support provider, who works with people with a mental illness. Includes a gallery of work from the Splash Art Studio.
- Mental illness and related topics, with downloadable factsheets, details of publications, writings and artworks by people with a mental illness.
- Suicide prevention information service with suicide and depression info, statistics and help throughout Australia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 9, 2014 at 11:17:34 UTC -