become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Regional: Oceania: Australia: Health: Conditions and Diseases
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Brain Injury Organisations
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Health: Mental Health
- The peak body providing support and advocacy for people living with dementia. Includes sections on services, support, education, training and a help line.
- Aims to eliminate asthma as a major cause of ill health and disruption within the community. Includes information, resources and programs in more than 12 languages.
Australian Kidney Foundation
- National Renal Resource Centre with brochures covering all aspacts of renal and urological disease.
- Australian Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome Support Group, with reports from the biennial conference held in odd-numbered years.
Breast Cancer Institute of Australia
- Supports clinical trials research that identifies safe and effective treatments for breast cancer and prevention strategies for all women. Includes information on campaigns and events, research and a photo gallery.
- National campaign aimed at reducing cervical cancer. Includes policy papers, explanation of the Pap test, and information for professionals.
- National peak body for diabetes providing a collective voice for people living with diabetes, their families and carers. Research funding, health services, self–management products and services, and public awareness of diabetes.
Diabetes Counselling Online
- Online counselling and discussion forum for australians with diabetes. Includes information for diabetics, details of the counselling service, and extensive list of related links in each state.
Dragons Abreast Australia
- National organization offering survivors from all age groups the chance to participate in the sport of dragon boat racing. Includes photographs, events calendar, description of health benefits, and details of state groups.
Eczema Association of Australia
- A support page for sufferers of eczema. Includes membership details.
- A non-profit registered charity with a mission to minimise visual disability from glaucoma and to offer support and education for suffers.
Look Good...Feel Better
- A free community service program in all states which helps women manage the appearance-related side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Includes practical tips and details of workshops.
Lysosomal Diseases Australia
- Established to represent the needs of all lysosomal storage disorder patients, families and carers Australia-wide. Resources and references are available on symptoms, treatments and types of Lysosomal Storage Diseases.
National Breast Cancer Centre
- Offers information about breast cancer for consumers and health professionals. Includes advice, news, programs and events.
National Heart Foundation
- Information for professionals and community members in the fight against premature death and disability caused by cardiovascular disease.
National Stroke Foundation
- Working with affected families, governmental organizations, healthcare professionals, and the general public to reduce the impact of stroke.
- Registered charity whose aim is to fund research in bone metabolism and related issues. The site has information on awareness, education, prevention, management, research and advocacy.
- The peak body representing all of the state organisations that offer support to people with Parkinson’s disease (Pd).
- A directory set up to provide advice through an information kit, regular newsletters and bulletins on polio and the management of its late effects.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- National body working to reduce the impact of prostate cancer on the Australian men, their partners and families, and the community. Includes medical information, support groups, events and research grants.
- Blindness and low vision services. Find information about services and resources, plus news, training and online store.
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:05:08 PM EDT -