become an editor
the entire directory
only in Departments/Attorney-General
Society: Law: Law Enforcement: Government Agencies
Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- The independent body that reviews a broad range of administrative decisions made by Australian Commonwealth Government ministers and officials, authorities and other tribunals.
Administrative Review Council
- Provides advice to the Attorney General on strategic and operational matters relating to the Commonwealth system of administrative law.
- Provides expert support to the government on the maintenance and improvement of Australia's system of law and justice. News, responsibilities, service charter, ministers, and links to departments and legislation.
Australian Classification Board
- Responsible for the classifying of films and videos, computer games and publications in accordance with Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation regarding classification matters.
Australian Customs Service
- Information on customs procedures, requirements and the facilitation and concession schemes it administers.
Australian Federal Police
- The principal law enforcement agency through which the Commonwealth pursues its law enforcement interests.
Australian Government Disaster Assist
- Provides access to information about recovery assistance following a disaster.
Australian Government Solicitor
- Offers legal expertise and integrated advice and assistance across a wide range of areas.
Australian Information Commissioner
- Contains information about Australia's Privacy Act and general privacy issues.
Australian Institute of Criminology
- The Institute is the national focus for the study of crime and criminal justice in Australia and for the dissemination of criminal justice information.
Australian Law Reform Commission
- The Commission attempts to take an innovative and constructive approach to the process of law reform.
Australian Security and Intelligence Organisation
- Australia's national security service. Its main role is to gather information that will enable it to warn the government about activities or situations that might endanger national security.
Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- Aims to contribute towards a financial environment hostile to money laundering, major crime and tax evasion.
- Provided by the government to give all Australians access to government legal information and services available nationwide.
Director of Public Prosecutions
- Aims to provide a prosecution service to the Commonwealth and the people of Australia which is fair, independent, accountable, effective and efficient.
Human Rights Commission
- Administers federal legislation in the area of human rights, anti-discrimination, social justice and privacy. This includes complaint-handling, public inquiries, policy development and education and training.
Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia
- Responsible for personal bankruptcy insolvency law and practice.
National Crime Prevention
- Administers a program of research and action. There are national research projects, national pilot projects, local prevention activities, communication activities and training for crime prevention professionals.
National Native Title Tribunal
- Facilitates the making of agreements among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, governments, industry and others whose rights or interests may co-exist with native title rights and interests.
Office of Parliamentary Counsel
- Provides information about Commonwealth Acts and Bills.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 20, 2016 at 0:15:06 UTC -