become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wyoming/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Wyoming: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Biodiversity Conservation Alliance
- Dedicated to protect and restore biological diversity, habitat for wildlife and fish, rare plants, and roadless lands in Wyoming and surrounding states. Includes membership information, newsletter, publications and contacts.
Climate of Wyoming
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
DEQ: Abandoned Mine Land Division
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality that eliminates safety hazards, repairs environmental damage from past mining, and assists communities impacted by mining. Includes information on programs and resources.
DEQ: Air Quality Division
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality that monitors air resources, and through permitting and inspection programs works to keep the air clean and healthy. Provides information on programs and resources.
DEQ: Industrial Siting
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality responsible for reviewing impacts of major industrial developments before issuing permits. Provides news, a council member listing and resources.
DEQ: Land Quality Division
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality that ensures mining practices minimize impacts to the environment, and areas are properly restored after mining is complete. Provides board members, news, and resources.
DEQ: Solid and Hazardous Waste Division
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality that ensures proper handling and disposal of wastes, and manages programs for the cleanup of previously contaminated sites. Includes information on programs and resources.
DEQ: Water Quality Division
- A division of the Department of Environmental Quality responsible for monitoring and protecting the quality of water resources to keep it clean and healthy. Provides information on programs and resources.
Mongolia and Wyoming/Montana
- Compares Mongolia with similar-climate US states WY/MT.
- Information about the adverse impacts of coal bed methane gas development in the Powder River Basin, concerns of surface landowners, and opportunities for activism on this issue.
Water for Wildlife
- Antelope preservation and management through the development of supplemental water resources in selected areas. Provides news and events.
Wildlife Society: Wyoming Chapter
- A society that ensures wildlife and their habitats are conserved through management actions that take into careful consideration relevant scientific information. Features newsletters, funds, publications and membership information.
Wyoming Native Plant Society
- Established in 1981. Dedicated to the appreciation and conservation of the native flora and plant communities of the state. Includes membership details, newsletters, activities and contacts.
Wyoming Natural Resources Data Clearinghouse
- Clearinghouse providing browsing and query tools for locating and downloading spatial data. The spatial data served is accompanied by metadata that complies with the Federal Geographic Data Committee standards. The clearinghouse is an official node of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Wyoming Rural Water
- Affiliated with National Rural Water Association (NRWA). Provides on-site, technical assistance to small municipalities and all rural water and wastewater districts throughout the state. Includes membership list, job openings and a training schedule.
Wyoming Wildlife Federation
- Formed in 1937 and is a conservation and recreation advocacy organization. Includes membership details, events calendar, issues update, photos, and contact information.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 24, 2013 at 13:24:08 UTC -