become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Wisconsin: Society and Culture: Organizations
General Federation of Women's Clubs
Jewish Family Services
Lions Clubs International
National Organization for Women
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Organizations
1000 Friends of Wisconsin
- Promotes healthy urban and rural communities, and protects the state's economic, cultural and natural resources.
Alaskan Malamute Club of Wisconsin
- Information about the breed, club activities, and photosgraphs.
- District 02 AA. Contact information, meeting schedule.
Alliance For Life Ministries
- Conservative, family-oriented organization with an interdenominational Christian and Biblical philosophy.
Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin
- Works to reduce poverty in Dane, Jefferson, and Waukesha counties. Calendar of events and information about programs.
Consumer Credit Counciling Service of Wisconsin
- Offices in Fond du Lac, La Crosse, Sheboygan and West Bend.
Customers First! Coalition
- "A Wisconsin coalition to preserve Wisconsin's reliable and affordable electricity. Fighting for consumer-friendly and environment-friendly utility reform."
Disability Rights Wisconsin
- A protection and advocacy agency for people with disabilities. Mission statement and organization, publications, membership information.
Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Distributes food to hunger-relief pantries, meal programs, and shelters. Virtual tour, newsletters, press releases, and information on member agencies. Part of the America's Second Harvest network.
Hunt for the Hungry
- Providing venison and other wild game to thousands of low-income families and individuals.
Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Inc.
- List of services, news, employment opportunities.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin
- Organization dedicated to granting the wishes of seriously ill children. Includes history, staff, board, news, events, stories, and how to refer a child.
Newcomers Club Directory for Wisconsin
- A Wisconsin directory of Newcomers Clubs, which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities
Planning Council for Health and Human Services
- A private, non-profit agency helping Southeastern Wisconsin to examine and take action on issues related to health and human services. List of services, calendar.
Second Harvest Foodbank Of Southern Wisconsin
- Non-profit food distribution program that provides food to 240 charities feeding the needy in southern Wisconsin. General information, calendar of events and ways to help by volunteering or donating.
Second Harvest Heartland
- Feeds people who lack sufficient resources through a network of distribution organizations in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Includes program descriptions, how to help, member agencies, news, and events. Part of the America's Second Harvest network.
- Foundation to help adults with life-threatening illnesses. Mission statement, overview of services and contact information.
- UFO reports, pictures, videos, information about local hangouts and groups.
Western Dairyland Community Action Agency
- Helps disadvantaged individuals in Buffalo, Eau Claire, Jackson, and Trempealeau counties. Description of programs and services, eligibility criteria.
Wisconsin Association of Assessing Officers (WAAO)
- The mission of the WAAO is to promote the public good by ensuring equitable assessments through assessor education, professional development, and public awareness.
Wisconsin Citizens' Utility Board
- Consumer advocacy on electricity, gas, telephones, telecommunications; fighting for reasonable utility rates before the Public Service Commission, The Wisconsin Legislature, and in court.
Wisconsin Community Action Program Association
- A statewide association of Community Action Agencies, which address the causes of poverty through community organizing, the provision of services, and the creation of opportunity. Description of programs and services, policy information.
Wisconsin Health Freedom Coalition
- Advocates freedom of health care choice. Mission statement, information on legislative efforts.
Wisconsin Humanities Council
- Statewide independent affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Newsletter, calendar of events and information on speakers bureau, programs and resources.
Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice
- Works toward creating a world free from violence and injustice by facilitating activities, cooperation, and communication among Wisconsin organizations and individuals.
Wisconsin New Warrior
- Associated with the ManKind Project, a male leadership program. Training dates, a members-only section, and links.
Wisconsin Right to Life
- Features pro-life news, educational resources, personal stories, event reports, and contact information.
Wisconsin State Firefighters Memorial
- Statewide fundraising organization for firefighters killed or injured on duty. Memorial plans, photographs of statue.
Wisconsin Tibetan Association
- Aims to improve social relations between Asian Americans and Tibetan Americans. List of meetings, calendar of events, and government updates regarding Tibet.
Wisconsin/Upper Michigan Kiwanis District
- Organizational information and goals, contact information.
Working Capital for Community Needs
- Promotes social justice and sustainable development in Latin America. Description of programs, comments on issues.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:15:03 PM EDT -