become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wisconsin/Government
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Wisconsin: Government
Regional: North America: United States: Government
Wisconsin.gov - Citizens Portal
- Allows citizens access to a wide range of online services provided by the various state agencies.
Department of Administration
- Providing the governor with fiscal management information and the policy alternatives required for preparation of Wisconsins biennial budget.
Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Information on business inspection and licensing, best practices, rules that have the force of law, and promotion of Wisconsin agriculture at home and abroad.
Department of Commerce
- Primary agency for delivery of integrated services to businesses. Includes news, department information and structure, details about the state's business climate, and employment opportunities.
Department of Financial Institutions
- Responsible for the regulation and licensing of state-charted banks and savings institutions, mortgage bankers/brokers, the securities industry, and other licensed financial service providers.
Department of Health & Family Services
- Guides for programs and services, provider lists, and licensing information.
Department of Justice
- Includes news, information for consumers, Attorney General's biography, FAQs, and employment opportunities.
Department of Natural Resources
- Contact information, hunting and fishing regulations, burning permits, news.
Department of Public Instruction
- Providing information to educators, dedicated to learning and committed to helping parents realize their roles as children's most influential teachers.
Department of Revenue
- Information on state taxes, lottery operations, property assessments, shared revenue, statistical data, press releases, Wisconsin Tax Bulletins, Real Estate Transfer News.
Department of Tourism
- Provides leadership and guidance to Wisconsin's tourism industry. Includes news, strategic planning, partners, and contact information.
Department of Transportation
- Designs, builds and maintains the state's multimodal transportation system. Promotes safety through education and law enforcement. Issues drivers licenses and vehicle titles.
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Provides assistance, benefits and information to veterans and their families. Information on eligibility, grants, loans, education, employment, transition, museum events, veterans news.
Department of Workforce Development
- Provides a system of employment programs and services for individuals and employers including: Vocational Rehabilitation, Welfare to Work, Equal Rights and Labor Standards, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Compensation.
Higher Educational Aids Board
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the State of Wisconsin's student financial aid system for Wisconsin residents attending institutions of higher education.
Office of State Employment Relations
- Government job opportunities, employee training and programs, and directory of reference materials.
WISCJOBS Home Page
- The official site for State of Wisconsin civil service employment.
Wisconsin Accountability Board
- Official government board for elections, campaign finance, ethics and lobbying. Includes FAQs, resources and upcoming events calendar.
Wisconsin Arts Board
- Responsible for the support and development of the arts throughout Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Blue Book
- Biennial compilation of facts and figures pertaining to the government, people, industry, lifestyle and history of the State of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Child Support Program
- Offers information and FAQs for parents as well as links to federal laws and county resources.
Wisconsin DNR - Bureau of Wildlife Management
- Game reports, wildlife publications, regulations, seasons, dates, license fees.
Wisconsin Historical Society
- Engages the public with the excitement of discovery, inspires people with new perspectives on the past, and illuminates the relevance of Wisconsin history in our lives.
Wisconsin No Call List
- Information and free online enrollment to the Wisconsin No Call List. Signing up helps prevent residential telephone numbers from being commercial telemarketing targets; violators can be fined $100 per call.
Wisconsin Office of Justice Assistance
- Mission is to provide communities, state and local government agencies, and private nonprofit programs with effective financial resources, meaningful justice system planning data and information, and appropriate linkages to justice system programming in order to have a positive long-term impact on Wisconsin's justice system while promoting the safety of its citizenry.
Wisconsin State Cartographer's Office
- Description of services including maps, geodetic control and survey information, catalog of publications.
Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene
- The state's public health and environmental laboratory. Description of programs and services, news, training and outreach information.
Wisconsin Technical College System
- Governs and facilitates the activities of 16 local technical colleges. It establishes statewide policies and standards for educational programs, courses, teacher/staff certification, and distribution of federal and state educational grants.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 11, 2014 at 2:02:56 UTC -