become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Agricultural Extension Community Histories
- Approximately one hundred community histories were published in Morgantown in the 1920s and 30s. The West Virginia State Archives library currently holds fifty-eight of these histories, which are presented here.
The Brady Trilogy Series
- Includes Kinfolk, Pop Troy's Anthology and Reclaimed Memories. Features memories, folklore, history and stories of the early 1900's around Creston, Elizabeth and Parkersburg.
Historic Mount Hope, West Virginia
- A history of Mount Hope, West Virginia with numerous historic photographs of the coal mines, railroads, and people that helped develop the town during the late-1800's.
The Iron Furnaces of West Virginia
- Dedicated to the cataloging and preservation of the historic iron furnaces in West Virginia. View furnace list, resources, and contact information.
The Scotts Run Coalfield: A Study in Overdevelopment
- Article from the West Virginia History Journal.
West Virginia & Regional History Center
- General information about its resources, policies, databases and services. Includes hours and directions to location in Morgantown.
West Virginia Archives and History
- Offers detailed information on the state's history, outlines the documents available in the State Archives, and provides assistance in conducting genealogical research.
A West Virginia Chronology
- A general West Virginia time-line that incorporates a long history of labor strife.
Women in West Virginia
- Includes a timeline of women's history, selected short biographies, and links to additional readings on women's history.
Women's Legal Rights in West Virginia, 1863-1984
- Detailed examination of women's rights in West Virginia from WV History Journal.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 9:24:05 UTC -