become an editor
the entire directory
only in Washington/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Science and Environment
Community Supported Agriculture
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Travel and Tourism: Parks: National Parks and Monuments: Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: Washington
American Lung Association of Washington - Air Quality
- Includes annual "state of the air" reports, sources of pollution in the state, daily forecasts, and health and advocacy resources.
Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- A nonprofit membership organization working to preserve and restore Washington's freshwater resources through agency monitoring, litigation, education, and policy research.
Climate of Washington
- Narrative written by the State Climatologists and published by the National Climatic Data Center.
Earth Share of Washington
- Strives to protect the quality of life through stewardship of the environment. Includes member groups, workplace giving, volunteer opportunities, news, and events.
Environmental Hearings Office
- Independent state agency housing boards for pollution control, shoreline hearings, forest practices, and hydraulic appeals. Includes a calendar, research, record of decisions, and case data.
Hydrogeology of Washington State Symposium
- Periodic conference covering topics in the state's ground and surface waters, as well as geology. To be held April 8-10, 2003 in Tacoma. Includes announcements and information about past events.
Mars Society Puget Sound
- The Puget Sound area chapter of this international organization dedicated to furthering the goal of the exploration and settlement of the Red Planet. Offers news, books, videos, discussion groups, and membership information.
Nisqually River Council
- Oversees protection of the aquatic and wildlife habitats, waters, and wetlands of the river basin. Includes organization information, watershed map, reports on chinook salmon recovery efforts and other activities, and links to related sites.
Northwest Association for Biomedical Research
- Promoting public understanding of the implications and applications of the process of biomedical research.
Northwest Straits Marine Conservation Initiative
- Working to restore and protect marine resources and habitats in the northwest Washington counties of Clallam, Island, Jefferson, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom.
Puget Sound Engineering Council
- Functions to increase public awareness and appreciation of engineering, science and technology. Sponsors the Washington state science fair each year. Includes photo gallery, news, legislation, mission statement, and member institutions.
Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
- An environmental group aimed at protecting and preserving Puget Sound by stopping the discharge of toxic pollution through advocacy and vigilant monitoring. Offers information about enforcement, pollution preventions, news, volunteer opportunities, and resource center.
State of Washington Water Research Center
- Serves as a primary link between water-related personnel in the academic community; local, state, and federal government; and the private sector. Offers a newsletter, announcements, and local watershed conditions.
Structural Engineers Association of Washington
- Contains contact information, links to other chapters, upcoming events, related links, news, and publications.
SWANA Washington Evergreen Chapter
- Includes members from all ranks of the solid waste management community, and every corner of the State of Washington.
Washington Association of Conservation Districts
- Non-profit organization representing Washington's 48 conservation districts. Meetings, district listings, legislative information, publications, and links.
Washington Environmental Council
- Statewide advocacy organization that works to improve and enforce environmental laws. Includes links to state legislature, donation and volunteer opportunities, and links.
Washington Native Plant Society
- Organization dedicated to the conservation and study of native plants. Includes history and goals of the organization, as well as educational activities, and membership information.
Washington State Department of Natural Resources
- State government department dedicated to educating and preserving Washington's natural resources. Offers a list of programs, news, publications, list of natural hazards, education, and employment opportunities.
Washington State Noxious Weed Control Board
- Includes a list of weeds, laws, county boards, education, and links.
Washington State Pest Management Resource Service
- Research-based pest management information for agricultural producers and homeowners. Includes crop profiles, overview of pesticides and other forms of control, applicator training, and weed control.
- Part of a specialized national network of state- and province-based biotechnology, medical device, and life science sites.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:05:36 AM EDT -