become an editor
the entire directory
only in Seattle/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Localities: S: Seattle: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Counties: King: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Science and Environment
- Provides membership and volunteer programs, raises funds to support the Washington Park Arboretum collections, maintenance and education programs, and produces ongoing and seasonal plants sales. Events calendar, volunteer opportunities and news.
- Garden designed by the Olmsted brothers, offering woodland plantings and panoramic views. History, and illustrated pages for many featured plants and trees. Open for guided tours only.
Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition
- An alliance of community, environmental and small business groups affected by ongoing pollution and cleanup plans for the Duwamish River, with the mission to ensure a cleanup that is accepted by and benefits the community and is protective of fish, wildlife and human health.
Friends of Pritchard Beach Park
- Community organization dedicated to creating a wildlife refuge and education center. Provides FOPBP news, calendar, sponsors, and volunteer information.
Friends of the Cedar River Watershed
- Describes the watershed including its plants and animals, history, recreational opportunities, and an educational center. Also offers contacts, information on how to get involved, and a kids page.
IEEE Seattle Section
- Includes a list of members, meeting dates, and links.
Institute for Systems Biology
- Research institute dedicated to the integration of technology, computation, biology and medicine.
Long Live the Kings
- Organization restoring wild salmon in the Pacific Northwest. Includes an overview of hatchery reform, events, merchandise, background on salmon biology, and links.
Northwest Biodiesel Network
- Advocates the use of biodiesel as an alternative to diesel fuel. Upcoming events, mailing list, news links, and a list of biodiesel-compatible vehicles.
Northwest Interpretive Association
- They help the National Park Service, the US Forest Service and other northwest public land agencies provide books, maps, trail guides, and other high quality educational materials to the visiting public.
Pacific Science Center
- An independent, not-for-profit educational foundation dedicated to increasing the public's understanding and appreciation of science, mathematics, and technology through interactive exhibits and programs.
Save Seattle Center
- Highlights alternatives to the approved Monorail Project through Seattle Center, providing information in support of the preservation of Seattle Center as a city park.
Seattle Astronomical Society
- Includes a calendar of events, newsletter, links, and member gallery.
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
- Includes a list of research labs and topics, seminars, job opportunities, and a history of the organization.
Seattle Robotics Society
- Founded in 1982, the SRS is one of the oldest and largest robotics groups in the world. Membership is open to everyone. The group holds monthly meetings and several competitions. The Encoder online newsletter.
Seattle Sundial Trail
- A list of sundial locations around Seattle.
Seattle Urban Nature Project
- Surveys urban wildlife habitat and maps open space and parks in Seattle to foster understanding, stewardship, and conservation of public lands. Includes an overview of the mapping process, tips to identifying habitats, and volunteer opportunities.
Thornton Creek Alliance
- Promotes community-based education and restoration in support of the Thornton Creek Watershed.
University of Washington Medicinal Herb Garden
- A resource for herbalists, medics, and botanists. Hypertext tour and partial catalogue.
Views of Seattle From Space
- From NASA, a number of satellite images of Seattle.
Washington Park Arboretum
- Urban green space on the shores of Lake Washington includes collections of Acers and New Zealand natives, and a functional winter garden landscape. Information about visiting and collections, news and events, and seasonal highlights.
Washington Water Trails Association (WWTA)
- A small non-profit membership organization dedicated to the recreational use and environmental stewardship of Washington State waterways.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, May 11, 2012 11:18:25 AM EDT -