become an editor
the entire directory
only in King/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Counties: King: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Washington: Science and Environment
- Calendar of environmental events and hands-on volunteer opportunities in King County.
Drainage and Water Quality Complaints, King County
- Notify King County of stormwater runoff and surface water quality problems by phone or an online form.
Horses for Clean Water
- Classes and workshops for King County horseowners include management of manure, mud, pastures and weeds, and seeding, composting manure, stream fencing and restoration, and wildlife enhancement.
King Conservation District
- Encourages environmental and agricultural enhancement, coordinates productive relationships between citizens and regulatory agencies and helps landowners implement conservation practices.
King County Wastewater Treatment Division
- Transporting and treating the region's wastewater, protecting public health and water quality of Puget Sound and Lake Washington while promoting biosolids recycling and water reuse.
King County Water and Land Resources
- Information on protecting and enhancing lakes, streams, marine waters, wetlands, and fish and wildlife habitat; promoting agriculture and forestry; preventing flood damage; and volunteer and educational opportunities.
King County Yard and Garden Topics
- Information about rain barrels, composting, native plants, noxious weeds, pest control, and other topics of natural yard care. Images, tips, contact information, and links.
- Information about King County lakes including tips for lakeside residents, reports about water quality and invasive aquatic plants, and features on lake stewardship.
Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish Data
- Weather and water quality conditions in Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish. Data include air temperature and humidity, water temperature, dissolved oxygen, pH, chlorophyll, and conductivity at various lake depths.
Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County
- Provides ideas for safer use of pesticides, household chemicals, paint, auto products, and how to properly dispose of household hazardous waste. Includes Wastemobile schedule and directions.
Mountains to Sound Greenway
- Encompasses farms and forests, urban and wilderness parks, historic towns and recreational opportunities along Interstate 90, crossing Kittitas and King Counties.
Natural Resources and Parks Newsroom
- News releases and press reports related to wastewater, solid waste, recycling, water resources, land resources, and flooding in King County, Washington.
Natural Resources Technical Document and Research Center
- A library providing technical reports from County agencies and books on a variety of natural resource topics, primarily serving county employees but also open to the public.
Salmon Information Center
- Information about some of the major efforts underway to improve Puget Sound for people and fish. hosted and maintained by King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
Stream Bug Monitoring
- Benthic macroinvertebrates including caddisflies, mayflies, stoneflies, and other aquatic creatures, and how these bugs are used to measure pollution and nutrient levels in King County streams.
Taking Winter by Storm
- Multi-jurisdictional news and information related to storms and flooding throughout the region.
Watersheds of King County
- Geographic portal to natural resource information, based on drainage basins in King County. See what King County is working on in your neighborhood.
What do I do with...?
- Find out how to recycle or dispose of appliances, electronics, construction materials, clothing and other materials in environmentally-friendly ways.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:15:29 PM EST -