become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Events
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Arts and Entertainment: Events
National Cherry Blossom Festival
Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual
Wine Tastings and Festivals
Regional: North America: United States: Arts and Entertainment: Events
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Travel and Tourism
National Book Festival
- The Library of Congress sponsors this annual outdoor festival, with programs that feature writers and storytellers. Includes information on programs and participants, videos and podcasts.
National Independence Day Parade
- Annual event consisting of invited bands, military units, floats and guests. Includes photos, volunteer opportunities, starting place and time and application forms.
Safeway's National Capital Barbecue Battle
- Presents BBQ competitions, cooking demonstrations, free food samples, interactive cooking displays, music and children's activities. Includes history, contests, performers, mailing list and ticket information.
Smithsonian Folklife Festival
- This festival, held every summer on the National Mall, celebrates several US and foreign cultures each year with music, crafts, food and demonstrations of practical skills. Includes site map, information about the annual festival themes and an archive of previous festivals.
- Fundraising gala for the National Zoo. Features gourmet foods, wine, entertainment and dancing. Includes participating restaurants, musical acts and online ticket ordering. (May 17, 2007)
Smithsonian Craft Show
- Annual juried exhibition and sale of contemporary American crafts. (April 19, 2007)
Smithsonian Kite Festival
- Offers amateurs and professionals the opportunity to fly kites and participate in competitions on the National Mall. Includes history, awards, special events, rules and prior winners. (March 31, 2007)
Washington, DC, St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Annual parade. Includes events, membership information and news. (March 11, 2007)
Washington Home & Garden Show
- Exhibition offers displays and shopping. Includes dates, prices, exhibitor list, schedule and directions. (March 08, 2007)
Arts On Foot
- Annual visual and performing arts festival in Washington's Penn Quarter arts district. Includes event information and schedule. (September 16, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 28, 2011 3:26:19 AM EST -