become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Youth
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Youth
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Education
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington
- Helps boys and girls, with an emphasis on at-risk youth, build confidence, develop character and acquire the skills to grow into productive, civic-minded, responsible adults. Includes programs, club finder, news and events.
Center for Child Protection and Family Support, Inc.
- Working to ensure that all children, particularly inner-city and disadvantaged children, have an opportunity to grow up healthy and safe within a nurturing family and supportive community.
Children's Charities Foundation
- Funds non-profit organizations that support disadvantaged and at-risk children by strengthening their health and welfare, supporting strong and cohesive families, and assisting educational and recreational programs. Features activities and charities supported.
Children's Law Center
- Provides a range of legal services to at-risk children, families, and foster and kinship caregivers. Includes programs, news and resources.
Covenant House Washington
- Provides shelter and support services for homeless, runaway, and at-risk youth. Features programs, events, employment information, messages, news and volunteer opportunities.
Crittenton Services of Greater Washington, DC
- Works to respond to the needs of adolescent girls, low-income pregnant women and teen mothers in the metropolitan area. Includes programs, finances, events and volunteer opportunities.
DC Action for Children
- An independent, non-profit, multi-issue advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children living in the District of Columbia. Includes advocacy, resources, and project information.
The Fishing School
- Faith-based, after-school family and child support center that provides a safe haven, intervention, and education for vulnerable children and youth.
For Love of Children
- Nonprofit organization works to protect abused and neglected children in Washington, DC, alleviate homelessness, and guide high-risk youth to be responsible, successful adults. Includes description of programs and opportunities for involvement.
- Tutoring and mentoring organization providing wrap around services benefiting children the Anacostia neighborhood. Includes programs, calendar, volunteer opportunities and history.
Hung Tao Choy Mei Leadership Institute
- A nonprofit leadership development organization. News, success stories and online donations.
The Little Blue House
- Non-profit center works to help disadvantaged mothers and their young children overcome problems arising from maternal substance abuse. Describes mission and programs; online donations.
- Annotated directory of local-area web resources for families with children.
Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Services include a teen mothers program, home-based counseling, temporary emergency shelter, independent living facilities and HIV/AIDS education. Includes history, employment opportunities, staff profiles and volunteer opportunities.
- Provides resources to help young people fight AIDS and support each other. Includes information on HIV/AIDS, programs and events.
Young Women's Project
- Builds and supports teen women and girl leaders so that they can improve their own lives and transform their communities. Includes programs, history, staff profiles, employment opportunities and awards.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2016 at 2:05:24 UTC -