become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Youth
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Society and Culture: Youth
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Youth
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Education
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington
- Helps boys and girls, with an emphasis on at-risk youth, build confidence, develop character and acquire the skills to grow into productive, civic-minded, responsible adults. Includes programs, club finder, news and events.
Center for Child Protection and Family Support, Inc.
- Working to ensure that all children, particularly inner-city and disadvantaged children, have an opportunity to grow up healthy and safe within a nurturing family and supportive community.
Children's Charities Foundation
- Funds non-profit organizations that support disadvantaged and at-risk children by strengthening their health and welfare, supporting strong and cohesive families, and assisting educational and recreational programs. Features activities and charities supported.
Children's Law Center
- Provides a range of legal services to at-risk children, families, and foster and kinship caregivers. Includes programs, news and resources.
Covenant House Washington
- Provides shelter and support services for homeless, runaway, and at-risk youth. Features programs, events, employment information, messages, news and volunteer opportunities.
Crittenton Services of Greater Washington, DC
- Works to respond to the needs of adolescent girls, low-income pregnant women and teen mothers in the metropolitan area. Includes programs, finances, events and volunteer opportunities.
DC Action for Children
- An independent, non-profit, multi-issue advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children living in the District of Columbia. Includes advocacy, resources, and project information.
East of the River Clergy-Police-Community Partnership
- Aims to reach, assist, and transform young people, especially those whose lives have been affected or influenced by drugs, crime and violence. Find history, board of directors, members, photographs, events and services.
The Fishing School
- Faith-based, after-school family and child support center that provides a safe haven, intervention, and education for vulnerable children and youth.
For Love of Children
- Nonprofit organization works to protect abused and neglected children in Washington, DC, alleviate homelessness, and guide high-risk youth to be responsible, successful adults. Includes description of programs and opportunities for involvement.
- Articles on local area activities with children.
- Tutoring and mentoring organization providing wrap around services benefiting children the Anacostia neighborhood. Includes programs, calendar, volunteer opportunities and history.
Hung Tao Choy Mei Leadership Institute
- A nonprofit leadership development organization. News, success stories and online donations.
The Little Blue House
- Non-profit center works to help disadvantaged mothers and their young children overcome problems arising from maternal substance abuse. Describes mission and programs; online donations.
- Provides resources to help young people fight AIDS and support each other. Includes information on HIV/AIDS, programs and events.
- Annotated directory of local-area web resources for families with children.
Sasha Bruce Youthwork
- Services include a teen mothers program, home-based counseling, temporary emergency shelter, independent living facilities and HIV/AIDS education. Includes history, employment opportunities, staff profiles and volunteer opportunities.
Young Women's Project
- Builds and supports teen women and girl leaders so that they can improve their own lives and transform their communities. Includes programs, history, staff profiles, employment opportunities and awards.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:14:47 AM EDT -