become an editor
the entire directory
only in Religion/Judaism
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Society and Culture: Religion: Judaism
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Religion: Judaism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Judaism
American Jewish Committee - Washington Chapter
- Seeks to enact the American Jewish Committee mission in the Washington area by advocating on AJC's public policy and advocacy agenda, building ties to local ethnic and minority groups, working with the diplomatic community and fostering Jewish unity.
Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington
- Volunteers provide visits, transportation and health care advocacy for local Jewish patients and their families.
District of Columbia Jewish Community Center (DCJCC)
- Offers cultural, recreational, educational and community service activities. Includes information on membership, programs, upcoming events, Theater J and the Washington Jewish Film Festival.
- Offers an extensive online database of Jewish resources in the greater Washington area, as well as an event calendar, job listings and other resources. Sponsored by the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington.
Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- Central planning, coordinating and fundraising body for partner and beneficiary agencies that offer humanitarian programs. Features volunteer opportunities, news, calendar, directory and a career center.
Jewish in DC
- Directory of Jewish resources in Washington and the surrounding area, including kosher establishments, synagogues, community organizations and religious education.
Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA)
- Provides counseling, therapy, workshops, career and adoption services, hospice, home care and Jewish chaplaincy services throughout the greater Washington area. Programs and services, calendar and contact information.
Kavod v'Nichum and the Jewish Funeral Practices Committee of Greater Washington
- Offers information on text, traditions and practices surrounding Jewish death, burial, cemeteries, mourning and healing, consumer rights and the death care industry. Facilitates meaningful and traditional funeral rites for local congregations of all denominations.
- Providing young Jewish professionals with opportunities for Jewish enrichment. Information on Shabbat dinners, classes and special events, "Ask the Rabbi," local university programs and contacts.
Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning
- Educational and identity-building experiences in collaboration with educational institutions, community agencies, and synagogues.
Rabbinical Council of Greater Washington
- Organization of Orthodox rabbis in the greater Washington area responsible for kashrut supervision, maintaining a Beth Din for dealing with matters affecting Jewish family status and other services essential to the traditional community, such as a city-wide chevrah kadisha. Features affiliated congregations, supervised establishments and kashrus alerts.
Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism (RAC)
- Educates and mobilizes the community on legislative and social concerns. Features news, legislative updates, speeches, issues, conferences, publications and contact information.
Washington Jewish Healing Network
- Group of rabbis and therapists that offers programs, activities and resources to those seeking spiritual, physical and emotional healing.
- Mobilizes the resources of the Jewish community to support commercial and housing redevelopment. Features programs, directions, news and links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:43:58 AM EST -